Chapter 23 - Ghost in the Shell

Previously . . .

In "The Second Miracle" Nina stood on the porch, watching the sunrise.

Nina: (voiceover) "I am Nina Mikaelson."

In "Heart of a Warrior", Nina rushed closer and held Demi in a chokehold, her face transforming.

Nina: (voiceover) "Hybrid."

In "Home Sweet Home", Nina was walking through the Quarter with Hope and Kenner.

Nina: (voiceover) "Mother."

In "The Feast of All Sinners", Nina and Klaus were getting married in the compound, sharing a passionate and sweet kiss.

Nina: (voiceover) "Wife."

In "Voodoo Child", Hope sat up with her eyes glowing blue.

Nina: (voiceover) "To protect my daughter from an ancient evil called The Hollow."

In "The Feast of All Sinners", Nina sat in the middle of a sigil and cradled Hope in her arms, still wearing her wedding dress. Blue light was expelled from Hope's body and hovered in the air before it divided and shot into Klaus, Kol, Rebekah and Elijah, disappearing into their chests.

Nina: (voiceover) "My family made the ultimate sacrifice."

In "The Feast of All Sinners", Vincent looked at the Mikaelsons. "You gotta get away from each other and you have to stay away from Hope."

In "The Feast of All Sinners", Nina looked at Klaus, close to tears. "I know that you'll do anything for her. Even if it means never seeing her again."

Nina: (voiceover) "Hope and I had to leave New Orleans."

In "The Feast of All Sinners", Nina and Hope walked out of the compound with their bags.

Nina: (voiceover) "We have a new life in Mystic Falls with new friends."

In "The Second Miracle", Nina and Hope walked away from the Salvatore Boarding School, holding hands.

In "Solace", Hope, Emma and Phoebe sat together and exchanged smiles.

In "Oh, Brother", Nina and Caroline looked at each other, smiling.

Nina: (voiceover) "And another Mikaelson was born."

In "Kenner", Nina looked at her son, mesmerized. "Welcome to the world, Kenner Mikaelson."

In "Father Meets Son", Klaus smiled, enamored. "Hello, my little prince."

Nina: (voiceover) "A new enemy has entered our lives."

In "She Wants Revenge", Demi smiled. "I'm Demi."

Nina glared at her. "I don't care who you are. What do you want?"

"I want Klaus," Demi answered.

Nina: (voiceover) "With a revenge plan against Klaus."

In "Heart of a Warrior", Klaus rushed towards Demi and tried to attack her. Demi extended her arm, casting a pain infliction spell. Klaus came to a halt and yelled in pain.

"You took everything from me," Demi told him. "And now I'm gonna take everything from you!"

Nina: (voiceover) "And I'm part of it."