{2}

Our normal morning routine was quickly ran through. We finished getting ready, then grabbed something fast to eat. I'm now at the stage where I'm allowed to drive without parental supervision, so I've been driving both me and Jisung to school.

This is Jisung's first year in high school: freshman year. I'm one and a half years ahead of him, making him turn fifteen today, and me already being sixteen. It's been past half way though this school year. I'm going to be a junior next year, making Jisung a sophomore. The thought makes me have the sudden realization that Johnny is graduating soon. He's going to be going to college, and I won't see him that much anymore. My crush since who-knows-when.

      I plugged my phone into the aux chord, scrolling through my playlist to keep away a quiet atmosphere.

      "I think I should pick the music today," Jisung said, giving me the most innocent smile. "I mean, today is my birthday." The smile widened.

      I rolled my eyes, cracking a smile as well. Defeatedly, I handed my phone over to Jisung.

────

      "Tonight, I'm going to get closer to Johnny," I started, taking in a mouthful of tasteless school mac and cheese. It had a card board feel that I struggled to ignore. I finished chewing before I continued. "I want to get to know him better before he heads away to college to see if I can create a spark."

      "Hyunji," my friend, Jueun, sincerely began. "Johnny's never going to love you. I'm sorry to break it to you."

      I gave her a look showing that I didn't believe her.

      "He's my brother," she continued. "I know him. Plus, you're my friend, I know you, too. You'll get over him quickly."

      I sighed, looking over in the direction of Johnny and the rest of his friends. "I don't know, Jueun. I've liked him for so long."

      "Just, please... Don't date my brother."

I looked back at Jueun's pleading eyes behind her glasses. I get that she doesn't want me dating her brother. Just think of how weird that would be. One of my friends dating Jisung? No, that's different... And extremely awkward.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about your luck there," Mi-Cha spoke up, pushing her long hair behind her ear. Hana nodded in agreement.

I gave one last look at Johnny's table. The table of the popular seniors. I used to not be one for the popular people, but Johnny definitely caught my eye.

      This Friday at school rolled by fairly fast. Thank goodness for that because I was ready to get home. Jisung's friends are arriving around five, along with the friends I invited for the protection of my health. I was not planning on being stuck in a house with seven boys. Not including Johnny.

I don't mind Johnny being over.

I finished up household chores that I started yesterday to help prepare for our guests. Time flew by and before I knew it, there was a knock on the door.

Mark was the first to arrive. Mark is probably one of my favorites—along with Jeno and Jaemin—out of Jisung's friends just because he isn't obnoxious. The Chenle guy's high pitched laugh could be heard in my room even if they're in the basement. Renjun never talks, so I feel like he always has some murderous thought since I don't know what he's like, and then Haechan.

Haechan; I don't even get him. Him, Mark, Renjun, Jaemin, and Jeno are all in my grade, and the others are in Jisung's. Haechan is the prankster and class clown of the grade. He always has some joke or whatnot to share to get everyone to laugh. He's also a very social guy; talking to everyone... but me. It's almost like he has some grudge against me. I haven't even done anything wrong to him. He just never talks to me, never jokes with me, barely even looks at me. Maybe it's because I'm his best friend's sister or something, but I don't really know what his deal is.

The house was soon filled with my brother's friends. Thank the heavens my friends arrived around the same time, with the addition of Johnny, so I didn't lose my sanity.

It was me, Jueun, Mi-Cha, and Hana in my room, listening to our music, conversing to ourselves. On the other side of the hall was Jisung's room crowded with all the guys.

The current song ended and was replaced with another: 'Bang Bang Bang' by BIGBANG.

     "Turn it up!" Jueun briefly flailed her arms in the air.

I chuckled, gladly increasing the volume. This song was our jam.

We started rocking out when we heard a "BANG, BANG, BANG!" shouted by all the boys from across the hall. Us girls looked at each other, and let out a great laugh, amused that they joined in.