{11}

Jisung's P.O.V

      Everything in my body ached. I was so nauseous and tired. My eyes slowly tried to open, but it was no use because of how dark it was. I no longer had a light.

      Hyunji! I tried to call. My mouth wouldn't open, and it seemed as if someone had cut out my vocal chords. I couldn't even move anything besides my eyes.

      Terror rose inside, spreading throughout my whole body and into every limb. I could still feel everything, like the warm tears running down my cheeks, then leaving a cold spot where they once were. I could feel a wall behind me, and in front of me like I was the middle of a sandwich. My hands brushed against boards on either side of me.

      Hyunji! I tried to yell again. Still, nothing left me.

Hyunji's P.O.V

      Hana stopped dead.

      "What's wrong?" I asked her. We left our room so Hana, Jueun, Chenle, and Renjun could show us to the door Jisung was behind.

      "Hyunji, Jisung was behind this door," Hana replied, quietly.

      I looked into the room, where the door was most defiantly not closed or lock. It was wide open.

      "Jisung's not in here," I said.

      "I know, but this is the room he was locked in," Jueun told me.

      "Then where could he have gone?" I demanded an answer. No one said anything. I took a step back and breathed, trying to calm myself down. "The only way we can cover this whole house quickly is by splitting up into groups."

      "I agree," Mark spoke out. "We have eleven now. Four, four, and three."

      "Mi-Cha, Hyunji, and Haechan come with me," Jaemin declared.

      "I can take Jueun, Jeno, and Renjun," Johnny put in.

      "That makes me, Mark, and Chenle," Hana finished.

      "If calling on our phones get cut out," Renjun started, "then so will texting. We can't contact each other unless we yell."

      "So, let's hope none of us get our mouths covered," Jueun mumbled. Everyone started to split, but she grabbed Chenle's sleeve. "Hey kid," she whispered.

      Chenle waited for her to continue.

      "Stay safe, alright?"

      Chenle smiled, cutely. He stood straighter and gave her a nod. "You too."

      I blinked at Jueun's concern before catching up to my group. "Hey, Haechan."

      No reply.

      "How does Jisung feel about Hana?"

      At first there was nothing. Then, I guess he decided to be nice and acutally talk to me. "If you're wondering if he likes her, then no. Jisung doesn't have a crush on anyone."

      "Do you think he could eventually like Hana? Is she his type?"

      Haechan kept his eyes away from mine. Even when he talked. "I don't know, I-"

      "Can you make eye contact when talking?" I asked. "It's just kind of disrespectful."

      No reply.

      Fine. I didn't want to talk to you anymore anyways. I crossed my arms and huffed.

      Mi-Cha suddenly brought in a big breath. "Not again," she whined, covering her ears. Everything on her face seemed to drain as if she realized something. "Get out of this hall," she whispered, incredibly quiet. "Now."

      Jaemin pulled Mi-Cha back into a closet that was near him. I knew that it wouldn't be able to hold two more.

      I looked behind me. Haechan was standing right in front of a doorway to another room. I shoved him back, swinging the door closed, but also slowing it to close the door softly and silently.

      I pressed my ear against the door, trying to listen. What sounded like faint footsteps echoed outside. I motioned Haechan to walk over and hear, but he turned away. I wanted to make an annoyed and frustrated noise, but stayed quiet.

      What came next sounded like fingers against wallpaper. As the painfully slow footsteps came closer, so did whoever's fingers that traced along the wall. I held my breath and bit my tongue as they past right under my ear. My body suddenly trembled as our door's lock was flipped, and the noise outside vanished.

      I could just barely make out Mi-Cha's scream. "Oh God, it's locked!"

      I gasped, reaching for the handle. I shoved, yanked, and kicked at the door. My fingers tried at the lock, but it was ruined, and wouldn't budge. I glanced over my shoulder to see Haechan, who was now sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall.

      "You could help!" I barked.

      Haechan whipped his head in my direction, a blank expression. "It's locked, isn't it? What's the point?"

      "Don't you want to save your friend, my brother?"

      "I don't think we'll get so far if we can't even save ourselves!"

      I let my head fall against the door. My body slowly rotated so my back was against it as I slid down to the floor. "Do you hate me?" I asked out of the blue, but the sound was so dainty.

      "Frankly, yeah, I do," Haechan replied with ease.

      I closed my eyes, trying not to unleash any anger. "Is it because I'm Jisung's sister? Or am I annoying to you?"

      "Nope. Well, maybe the annoying, but that's not why."

      "Then why?" I gritted my teeth. "Why do you hate me? I'm such a friendly person, right? I know everyone in our class. I get good grades. I've been trying so hard to talk to you because I've noticed this ever since I've first met you. I don't understand, so please enlighten me, Haechan." I opened my eyes, staring into his, hoping it felt like daggers. "What is it that makes you hate me so much?"

      My flashlight was shining in his direction, and the features on his face became more prominent from the shadowing. "I hate you," Haechan let out a slow breath, leaning his head back against the wall. I narrowed my eyes, wanting to shake him so he would just spit it out. "I hate you... because I like you."