Chapter 3 (Party crashers)

That's all it took for me to not waist anymore time to shift into my midnight black wolf and head towards the voices where they were stronger and more clear. I stopped in my tracks. There was five wolves standing in front of me with the heads down growling. I did the same as they started closing in on me. The grey wolf was the closest and the first to make a move. He lunged at me snapping at my front leg, but he missed as I dodged his every move. Instead of letting him attack this time I lunged and bit onto his neck. He fell to the ground with me onto him not letting go of my hold on his neck. Right before I finished the wolf there was an ear piercing howl. I look up to see the owner of this howl. A huge black wolf stood just a few feet in front of me. His head down growling at me. My god something smells good. Smells like cinnamon and fresh rain. In my head I could her Kate purring. The huge black wolf snarled and looked down at the wolf that I had pinned down. The wolf attempted to move, but I didn't allow it. I tightened my jaws around the wolfs neck tilting my head a little to increase its pain. He whimpered and the wolf in front of me growled louder stepping closer to me. This wolf must mean something to him. I growled the loudest growl I could back at him and bit down harder on the wolfs neck. It struggled and yelped under me making the other wolf stalk closer to me growling raising his head to me challenging me. I accepted his challenge. I released the wolfs neck letting it get up and scamper away. I growled my fiercest growl and raised my head to the wolf in front of me. This is my territory and I am the alpha. I am going to defend it till the day I die. He stepped closer, but to only make me growl even louder and raise my head even more. Damn it's him that smells so good. He suddenly lowers his head and stops growling. Okay this is my chance. I snap at his snout, but he dodges it. I try again to only be dodged again. Damn it! He walks toward me until our snouts are almost touching. What he does next shocks me. He lowers his head even more and whimpers while licking my snout. What is going on right now? Aren't we supposed to be fighting to the death? I just stand there still in shock as the other wolves walk off leaving me to deal with this looney wolf. He stops licking me and walks around me keeping our sides touching, but soon stops. I turn to look at him to see him sniffing my wolf butt. I jump to face him and growl lowering my head again. He looks shocked at my actions, but he pushes that aside and is now in his playful stance. Wagging his tail high up in the air. This is getting weird. My wolf rejoiced in me suddenly pushing me back so that she's in control. Now we are running towards the wolf barking and jumping while he runs around. He switches now he chases us. Kate stops  looking straight. Not looking back at him.  The next thing I know is I have a nose sniffing my butt again, but I can't do anything about it. Kate just stays there. Not moving. He walks in front of me and rubs his  snout again mine. "Mine." Kate says in my head. Okay that explains it. This huge black wolf is my mate. I can't believe it. I have a horse as a mate. Thanks moon goddess. Kate sits us down while looking at the wolf. He lays down in front of me looking in my eyes. Then I felt it. He is in my head. His voice ringing through my head saying the one word that I have dread. "Mine."

"Thank you for reading!!! Please vote! Love you!