Chapter Sixteen.

Elora's eyes fluttered open, several people standing over her. She couldn't see clearly, and didn't know where she was, but she definitely was not in a sewer.
_________________
Jace ate fries in his hospital bed, while repeatedly asking to check on Elora.
________________
Nixton sat next to Thalia, holding her hand gently. He had bought her some stuffed animals and Ice cream.
______________
Hadlee held twin girls in her arms, smiling brightly at them, even though they couldn't see her.

"Hello Reyna and Georgina. Welcome to the world." She whispered.
____________________________

Nixton held Thalia in his arms while Hadlee held Reyna and Georgina.

Jace had his arm wrapped around Elora.

"So, this is it? This is our goodbye?" Elora asked.

"I guess so. We finished the game, smarty pants," Nixton replied.

"We'll see each other again," Hadlee cut in. "And, if you ever need a job, you can babysit these three."

They all stared at each other, not saying anything else.
People had died.
They had finished this silly game.
Now they were leaving each other to continue on with their lives, as if nothing had ever happened.

"Why are we doing this?" Elora asked. "We've gone through deaths together. Why are we splitting up now? Why don't we all just move into a house together?" She joked.

And so they did.

____________________

But they didn't just live in a house together.

They were home.