Chapter 4: Curtains Rising

"Henry!" (Y/N) murmured, shakily following behind the only person she could count on to navigate through the studio.

"Hm? What is it?" Henry asked, looking down at the small cartoon doll following behind him. "Do need a break?"

(Y/N) shook her head just before glancing to the side and saw a room she had never seen before. "Hey... Isn't that Boris the wolf?" She questioned, pointing to the room.

"Huh, I never noticed that," Henry explained, walking over to the room. But as he made one last step he quickly covered up (Y/N) 's innocent (E/C) eyes with his hand and pushed her slightly back when noticing the opened chest and dead eyes on the once beloved character Boris.

"Oh, Joey. What have you been doing?" Henry looked down at (Y/N) seeing that she was trying to take his hand off her eyes. "I can't see anything Henry." She said.

"Why don't we just look around for parts for the Ink Machine," Henry suggested, quickly guiding (Y/N) away from the deceased Boris.

"Well.. what parts do we need exactly?" (Y/N) questioned finally allowed to see. "I better not be put inside it again" she groaned "I'm already covered in enough ink." She looked at her gray arms seeing they no longer held the normal hue of her once-alive skin.

"Well, I found Gears and the Bendy plushy...So all I think we need is the ink bottle." Henry explained to you who had suddenly skipped off to find the ink bottle.

~

Looking high and low for the ink bottle until skipping to a room that had a projector still on but it showed nothing.

"Huh, there's film inside. Why isn't it playing?" You questioned the inanimate object looking around the room. Gasping when spotting the ink bottle on one of the wooden shelves. Happily, you skipped grabbing the ink bottle just before hearing a radio suddenly be turned on. The music being played made you not able to resist but dance.

Henry happens to of walked into the room (Y/N) was dancing in. He smiled curtly as he watched the little doll tap and twirl around to the radio's music. He chuckled softly before stopping (Y/N) suddenly.

"I was dancing!" You explained, showing Henry the ink bottle.

"You are pretty good. Perhaps when we get out of here. You and I can do a little talent show?" Henry offered taking your hands with his semi-soft ones. He had been drawing so there was bound to be a few bumps from old writing blisters.

"Em, I don't know if my father would appreciate that. I already am in his plays. Maybe when I'm older!" You suggested just before running over to the ink machine when noticing the light was on. "Did it work?!" She shouted, awaiting patiently for Henry to answer back. It seemed like hours until the footsteps of Herny running down the hall towards her could be heard.

"We gotta go now!" Henry picked up (Y/N) and had her perched on his hip.

"What's going on?" (Y/N) asked Henry, seeing the frightened look on his face and a small inky hand print across his shoulder gave her a clue that the Little demon was alive.

"Let's just say I fell." Henry smiled at (Y/N) but could tell she already knew what was happening. The pipes had burst and the ink was flooding fast. "I have to place you down for a minute. I'll be right back." He told the confused doll who watched as he left her at the start of the inky dark hallway.

(E/C) eyes widened at the idea of her being left alone again. "Henry! Wait! Please don't go!" She pleaded but he was already gone. With inky tears streaming down her face the ink was rising higher. Looking around she scratched at the wooden wall with her nimble fingertips that had been dyed inky black from the long exposure of being trapped in the ink machine.

"Aw... Is the little Doll missing her master?"

The voice sounded teasing and slightly gurgled. (Y/N) gasped turning around in the inky pool to see Bendy the Dancing Demon at the end of the hall with his arms crossed over his chest floating effortlessly in the ink watching as the Doll struggled.

"Bendy! What's going on? I want to know.. where Henry is?" (Y/N) interrogated as her small form was shaking out of fear seeing as how tall Bendy was compared to her.

"...You want to know where Henry went?"

Bendy questioned, his head perking upwards slightly causing you to sink into the ink and then pop up again. With a meek nod of the head, the Doll looked to the side not liking the uncomfortable atmosphere going on between them.

"He abandoned you..."

"THAT'S NOT TRUE!" You screamed causing a little bit of ink to fall down her face and in her mouth. "Henry saved me! He is going to get us out of here!"

Bendy stared at you for a short while before stepping away from the door he was leaning against. "You are no longer like him... He was only trying to get you to take over, so he wouldn't have to worry about us..." Bendy whispered in your ear before disappearing into the pool of ink.

Sucking in a deep breath before struggling to swim towards the door. It was an almost intimidating feeling as you walked by yourself. With a sudden heavy weight feeling in your legs as you got closer to the door so did the feeling. Within a minute of reaching the exit door, a creaking sound from the old wooden floorboards beneath you suddenly cracked. Down you plummeted not having a chance to scream before hitting the SOLID wooden floor.

The ink was splattered around you. The need to replenish was growing and Bendy seemed to be waiting when to give you it.