C O R B Y N

I looked across the street at the huge venue. Everyone was dressed so beautifully for prom. But I remember I chose to work tonight. My mom had been laid off and now, I was the only one in my family working, trying to support my two little brothers as well. Not really easy, but I knew what had to be done.

My boss talked to me about a raise if I work on the busiest Saturday night of the month. So I took it. The "prom" rush was over for now since everyone went in. So now I'm here, taking five guys' orders.

"Hi, welcome to Syd's DIner. Can I help you?" I asked the boys, sitting in the booth.

"Can we start off with just some waters? We're still looking." A curly haired boy said. I nodded. "Thanks."

I overheard them talking. "Jonah, our manager said the tour bus is down?" Someone said.

"Yeah, Corbyn. Might as well take our time. They have to find a hotel for the night or something." The guy, Jonah sighed.

Once they ordered, I checked in on them again. "How was the food?" I asked.

"It was so delicious. Thank you so much." A blonde and blue-eyed boy grinned. "Hey, by any chance, do you know what is going on at the place across the street?"

"Oh, it's Prom night. A pretty big deal for my high school." I said.

"Wait...it's your prom night?" He said.

"Yep. I had to work tonight, but it's all good." I laughed.

"No one should miss their prom night!" A brunette with stunning eyes said.

"I didn't have a date and the theme wasn't amazing. It's all good." I was lying to myself. "Anyway, I get off in a little, so I'm fine."

The curly haired dude looked at his friends. "Well, hey, if you're looking for something to do tonight, we're kind of tourists and would appreciate some direction. Anything fun to do in the city?"

"Uh, definitely." I gave them a small list of things to do.

"Hey, how about you join us? You're missing your prom. The least you could do is have a little fun!" The blonde guy smiled.

"Uh, well, you see, I don't really know you guys..." I spoke to soon. They introduced themselves one by one... and then harmonized after. I was feeling impulsive and a little sad, so I went with them. We walked in the downtown area to the Saturday night park DJ where it was basically an outdoor (controlled) rave for everyone.

"Come on, Y/N!" Corbyn took my hand and unfortunately, took me to the dance floor. I tried to feel the music, but my body was stiff. "Just let loose, okay?" Jack and Daniel started doing something called "smooth step". Surprisingly, I caught right onto it.

"ALRIGHT Y/N! HIT THAT SMOOTH STEP!" Jack yelled above the music. I laughed and Corbyn danced with me. I was happy and carefree for just a little bit.

"Good evening, people! We have a really special thing here for you today! We have the amazing boyband, Why Don't We droppin' in from their tour!" The DJ exclaimed. The crowd roared.

I looked around me to see the boys gone...and up on stage. "Hey guys! This is pretty random even for us, but we're super glad to be here!" Zach said.

"So I guess we can play a few songs, eh? How about we go with...Something Different?" Corbyn winked at me from the stage. After they performed three songs, they finished with a song called "Just to See You Smile". My heart basically melted.

"GUYS! That was amazing!" I exclaimed. "So that was what the harmonizing was at the diner?"

"Yep!" Corbyn laughed. He noticed I was cold so he gave me his sweatshirt.

"So, we had a special request for a special someone. I won't say who it is, but his message to this special someone is that everyone should have the slow dance they deserve at prom." The DJ smiled. "Can't Help Falling in Love" came on and Corbyn looked to me.

"Corbyn?" I giggled. He took my hand and began to dance with me. "I'm not sure what I'm doing..."

"Just go with the flow." He laughed. Jack and Daniel were next to us, dancing with each other. But it all faded away when I looked into Corbyn's blue eyes. He made me feel safe and loved.

He started to sing with Haley Reinhart, not leaving our stare. His voice was so strong but soft at the same time.

Once it was over, he held both my hands. "How was that for a prom slow dance?" He said.

"Amazing." I kissed him on the cheek, knowing this was better than any prom my school could hold.

"I'm glad to hear that." Corbyn kissed my forehead and all my worries seemed to fade away.