J A C K

[JACK'S POINT OF VIEW]

"GOOD MORNING BRO! HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAMEN NOODLES!" Someone yelled. I opened my eyes to see the boys and Logan in front of my bed.

"So bro! How does it feel to be 18?" Logan pointed his vlog camera at me.

"I feel like...like an adult?" I laughed. We went downstairs and a huge breakfast was already prepared. I texted my girlfriend and got ready for the day.

"What are we going to do for your birthday?" Daniel asked. I was looking at my phone, waiting for a text, considering it was almost noon.

"I don't know, bro. Maybe skate a little, go to the beach, maybe Jimmy John's? I'm waiting for a response from Y/N." I said.

"She hasn't texted you at all?" Daniel asked.

"No. Unfortunately. She said we would FaceTime this morning." I sighed.

"Hmm. Well, we should still have fun bro. I know long distance can be hard, but don't worry! She'll reply soon!" Corbyn patted me on the back.

I nodded and we went to skate around. Then, we went to downtown Huntington to look around. Finally, my day was made a little better with Jimmy John's, but Jonah left early to have a meeting (?). Jonah leaving Jimmy John's? I know, this was weird.

"So...how was your birthday, bro?!" Zach smiled on our way home.

"It was great! I'm just wishing Y/N called me. I get that we have been dating for a couple months, but--" I sighed. We were finally home.

"Hey, bro, what's up?" Jonah welcomed me home.

"Nothing much. Got your Jimmy John's!" I gave him his wrapped sandwich.

"Happy birthday, to you...happy birthday to you..." A feminine voice sang.

"Y/N?" I looked around. From the kitchen, her sweet face appeared, and in her hands were a dozen ballons.

"Happy birthday, Jacko!" She grinned and ran to me. I hugged her and kissed her briefly...like there was no one else in the room.

"I'm sorry I didn't reply to you sooner, baby. But Jonah picked me up from LAX. I wanted to surprise you, but of course, my flight got delayed and my data ran out." She scoffed.

"I'll admit...I was worried. But you're here! I can't believe it. You really are here!" I hugged her again.

"I would never treat you 18th birthday with just a FaceTime, Jacko. You mean the world to me, so I traveled across it. Well, actually, just some states, but you get what I mean." She chuckled. Oh, gosh, I loved her smile. I took her by the waist and kissed her again.

"When I turned 18 this morning, I thought nothing had really changed. But I now realize that I have another year of blessings ahead of me and a lifetime of love, hopefully to spend with you." I felt a bit poetic.

"Ah, Jacko. You're amazing." She kissed me cheek.

"Y/N, I don't think anyone would go through the whole airport thing for me. My goodness, I love you. I love you so much." I blurted out. I hoped for her reaction.

She lightly gasped. "Oh!" I stood there, hoping for something from her. "Who am I kidding? I love you too."

"Trying to make me scared?" I laughed.

"No, just trying to make your heart beat a little faster. I love you noodlehead. Happy 18th birthday."