First Day

Mia POV:

“Alright, first day of school. You nervous?” I ask Emma.

“Nope, you?”

“Maybe, a little.”

We both smile and get out of the car. We get to the office and they already have our schedules ready.

I of course, am continuing on to Senior year and Emma is in Junior year.

“Welcome, both of you.” The receptionist tell us. “If you need any help, just come into the office and we can point you in the right direction.”

“Thank you.” I tell her and we walk into the school.

“Alright, If you have any trouble, text me, and I’ll come.” I tell Trina.

I always worried so much for her. She wasn’t really good in confrontations.

“I’ll be fine. And you, try not to get into trouble.” She said smiling.

People were staring at us as we walked down the hall. I immediately went all defensive.

“Relax.” Emma told me.

“Seriously, haven’t they ever seen two girls before? I see a bunch of them walking around.”

“We knew this was going to happen. Besides, “ She added punching my arm, “ who can resist two hot girls.”

I laughed at her weak joke.

“Will you be okay?” I whispered to her as we stopped at her classroom.

“I’ll be fine. Now, go. I would like a couple of guys approach. No offense sis, but you’re kinda like a guard dog.”

“And I bite too.” I said and nudged her to her class.

I went to my classes, in which, the teachers introduced me. It was so unnecessary.

I mainly kept to myself.

“Yeah, they like embarrassing the new students. I’m Danny.” A guy told me. He was sitting next to me.

“Seriously. I hate it.” I told him and smiled.

“My boyfriend went through the same thing.” He said shyly.

“I bet he hated it.”

He smiled at that. I guess he expected me to shut him down or something.

He walked me to the next class and even introduced me to his boyfriend, Ethan.

Danny was lucky, his boyfriend was hot!

Lunch time came and I found Emma talking to a group of other teenagers. I grabbed my food and she waved for me to go.

I just shook my head. I wanted her to have some friends. This would be good for her.

“Mia!” She called out to me. I rolled my eyes and walked toward her.

“I want to introduce you my friends, this is Stiles, Erica, Isaac, Allison, Vernon, Aiden, Scott..”

“Hi.” They all said in unison.

I smiled at them.

“Why don’t you join us?” Ethan added sitting next to Aiden and Danny in tow. Another guy following them.

“This is Jackson.” Danny told me.

I smiled at them and settled next to Jackson.

“New here?” He asked.

“Yeah.”

“Good luck.”

I frowned at his comment. The others just kept laughing and I could see that Emma was having a good time.

“I need to get a book for History. I’ll see you after school.” I told her and started to get up.

“I’ll walk with you, if it’s okay.” Jackson offered.

“Uh, sure.”

We walked silently toward the library.

“So, where are you guys from?” He asked.

“Port Costa.”

“I’ve never been there.”

“Yeah, it’s a really small town.”

“Did you always live there?”

“No, but after our parents.. Well, we moved in with our Uncle.”

“Oh, sorry to hear that.”

I just nodded in response and smiled. 

The bell rang announcing the end of lunch.

“Don’t you have class?” I whispered to Jackson.

He smiled and shook his head.

“Free period.”

“Me too.” I smiled back at him and searched for the book I needed.

Jackson seemed like a nice guy, and he was handsome too. But I still didn’t feel like trusting anyone.

He helped look for the book I was looking for, and after we found it, we sat down and did some work.

“So, we’re having a birthday party for a friend of ours, and I was wondering if maybe you and your sister could join us?”

“Oh, I don’t know…”

“Common, it’ll be fun. It’s this weekend.”

“Jackson.. I..”

“I’m sure Emma would like to go.”

“Fine. We do need a distraction.” I told him smiling.

“And I’m sure you’ll both have fun.”