Complication

Peter POV:

Jackson and myself were ecstatic in knowing our mate would be staying with us.

She would no longer leave us. She truly loved both of us.

We all moved into my apartment, Mia and her sister moved out of their apartment, they no longer needed it .

Especially now that Emma was pregnant.

Deaton had just called us and let us know that there were some multiple odd killings around the town, and that right now it was mostly coyotes and small prey.

“I’m just worried it will escalate to humans. I’ve never seen bite marks like the ones these animals are getting.” He had told us.

We were at his veterinary clinic, just me, Derek and Mia.

“Are you sure you’ve never seen anything like this before?” Mia asked with an eyebrow raised.

“I’ve already..”

“I may not be a wolf, but I can tell you’re lying.” She pressed on.

I was beginning to get aroused by her. Derek huffed next to me.

“The way your eyes shift from one place and another, not making eye contact. I must say Alan. You’re a very good liar.”

“I saw something like this some time ago. It’s called a Rugarus. It’s a flesh eating monster, but the thing that bothers me is that it once was human. And I honestly can’t think of anyone in this town who could become such a thing.”

“See, was that so hard to say?” She said and leaned into me.

“How do we know where to find it?” Derek asked.

“I’m not sure, they look pretty much human. Only turning when it gets hungry or if its triggered by anger.”

“So it could be anyone?” I ask.

“Yes.”

“Just great. It’s going to be like looking for a needle in a haystack.”

“How do we kill it?” Derek asked.

“Well, that’s the tricky part.” He started then looked at Mia, “If it bites down on any of the werewolves, you’ll die instantly. The only way to kill it is by stabbing it in the heart with a silver dagger, then burning it while it‘s still alive.”

“Sounds like fun.” Mia answered and shifted closer to me.

“Yes, a lot of fun, not to mention the claws it carries and razor sharp teeth.” Deaton added sarcastically.

“Isn’t there another way, maybe an easier way?” I ask wrapping my arms around Mia.

“No.”

“Couldn’t Stiles use his magic or something?” I ask again.

To that Derek growled.

“What? Do you think I want to put my mate in danger?” I told him.  

Derek called the pack and informed them of the situation. We all needed to be alert and try to see if we could locate the rugarus.

It wasn’t going to be an easy task.

It could be anyone in town. Someone we knew, or just a random person.

This was going to take our time.

Mia POV:

Once Derek and Peter stepped out of the clinic, Deaton held me back.

“You’re the only one that can do it. You’ll need to encircle it in mountain ash, so that the wolves won‘t try to help you.”