Getting To Know Each Other

Jackson POV:

At the end of the party, I walked both girls to the car.

“What are you doing tomorrow?” I ask Mia as she gets in the car.

“Nothing.”

“How about I go pick you guys up in the morning, we usually have breakfast here with Derek, then we, um, exercise together.”

“Oh, yeah, Derek mentioned something to me earlier.” Emma adds.

Mia looks at her sister and Emma only shrugs.

“You guys are all really close, right?” She asks me.

“Yes, we’re like a family.”

She smiles.

“Well, okay, if it’s okay with Derek.” She tells me and I nod.

“I’ll pick you up at seven.” I tell her and close the door.

There was something in Mia. Something that attracted me to her, and it didn’t feel the same as when I was with Lydia.

It was different. Like a pull to her, but I could tell that she didn’t feel the same way. And that hurt.

*

Peter POV:

I saw the way Jackson reacted Mia. And I recognized it. He had found his other mate.

The only problem was that Mia didn’t want to accept him. I could sense that in her.

And that could seriously hurt Jackson’s wolf. Being rejected by his mate was something that could damage him.

“Give her time.” I told him as I neared him.

“What?”

“Woo her, talk to her more, have her fall in love with you. Just don’t push to hard.”

“I didn’t ask for advice old man.”

I smirked as he walked away. Tonight I would be staying with the pack. We were all staying at the house with Derek.

Those girls had just come to Beacon Hills, not knowing what they would find.

I still hadn’t talked to them enough to know their story. And it did bother me, that they were living on their own.

So young, and already, Mia had taken to caring for her sister. All without  a family.

I knew that Derek had already fallen for Emma. His wolf had called out to her, and she seemed to be willing to be with him. She hadn’t rejected him although he was older than her.

I saw the glint in her eyes when she looked at him. Much like Stiles had fallen for that angry wolf.

I wondered how all that would work out. I knew Derek felt something for him too.

I went inside the house and found all the pups sitting together with Stiles in the center.

He grounded us. Our human. Well, our human so far. Danny was Ethan’s mate, but he was still in the dark.

Derek still didn’t want to bring him into the loop.

I smiled at them. We finally had a family. Even if it was a bunch of teenagers.

“What are you smiling about, zombie wolf?” Stiles asked. “Looks like your planning something evil.” He smiled.

“No, nothing.” I sat in between his legs on the floor next to Jackson.