1:Origins

"Shiro, are you excited?" I asked running up to my older brother and throwing my arms around him. "You bet." He responded ruffling my long hair. I huffed in exasperation and cracked a smile in anticipation. "I can't wait to get in space! All those stars and planets just waiting to be explored!" I cried dramatically opening my arms to gesture at the wide sky above Shiro and I.

My brother simply laughed and looked down at me. I hated being shorted then him even if it just a couple inches, but like for real... I absolutely hated it. "But won't you miss doing gymnastics?" He asked and I paused before shrugging. "I won't be gone that long." I pointed out and Shiro rolled his eyes. "Come on." Shiro said and I followed him to the Holt's house where we were going to discuss going into space. I was a space enthusiast and co-pilot for my older brother.

I was going of the Kerberos mission.

---------

"Easy, son. This ice is delicate." Sam Holt said to his son, Matt, as he carefully took out the sample of ice. "Amazing. Isn't this exciting, Shiro?" I asked as I looked at my brother with a excited smile. "You guys get a little more excited about ice samples than I do." Shiro said with a small grin.

"This is history in the making. Not only have we traveled farther than any human ever has, but this ice could hold microscopic clues about the existence of life outside Earth." Sam said inspecting the sample closely. "Think of it, Dad. We could use those clues to become the first people to meet aliens." Matt said.

"My life's work would be complete." Sam said and there was a moment of silence before a rumbling sound became noticeable. Sam turned around and scanned the area. "What is that? Seismic activity?" He asked.

"We should get back to the ship." Shiro said putting a protective arm around my shoulders before I stepped away from him. I looked up at the sky and my jaw almost dropped. It was an alien ship, a real alien ship. "What? What is that? It can't be." Sam said.

Shiro stared for a second before taking hold of my wrist and pushing Matt ahead of him. "Run! Come on, run!" He said but it was too late.

----------

"Emperor Zarkon, we were scouting System X-9-Y as ordered when we found these primitive scientists. I don't think they know anything useful." One of the aliens said to their Emperor. The Zarkon guy looked at us as we were forced to kneel at his feet. He made eye contact with me and I stared into his glowing purple eyes, fear gripping my veins.

I remained quiet and studied this Zarkon until he looked away. All around me were purple lights and people with feline features wearing scary armor. Zarkon looked at one his minions and gave an almost undetectable nod in my direction. An alien approached me and swiftly yanked me up by my hair before slamming my head into the floor. I gave a yelp of pain and Shiro started struggling against his bounds that restricted him. A steady stream of blood started coming out of my nose and dripped onto the floor while my eyesight blurred and threatened to give out.

"Leave her alone! Please, we come from a peaceful planet! W-We mean you no harm! We're unarmed!" Shiro pleaded and one of the people surrounding us hit Shiro, making him groan.

"Take them back to the main fleet. Tell the druids that I may have found their new play toys." Zarkon ordered and we were dragged away just as all went black.

-------------

"Shiro..." I groaned, feeling as though my brain was turned inside out. "Echo," A cough sounded and then Shiro's voice resumed. "Are you okay?" He asked and I pried my eyes open to see Shiro and I, along with Matt and Sam were restrained to four separate metal tables. "What happened? Where are we?!" My voice grew shrill and panicky in seconds.