6:Gladiator

"Great job training guys!" Shiro said, sitting down at the table the next. "We're really getting the hang of Voltron." I agreed sitting down beside Shiro.

"Seriously, how far do you think my lion kicked that broken alien ship? Must have been like a mile!" Lance said and Keith rolled his eyes. "Yeah, that'll come in handy when the Galra challenges Voltron to a soccer match." He said and Lance frowned. "Hey, I did something cool and you can't handle it. I get it." He said.

"Your kick ruined our balance. We fell." I reminded Lance and he paused. "That falling part was Hunk's fault." Lance said. "Hey!" Hunk protested.

"All right, save your energy for fighting Zarkon." Shiro said and everyone sat down, except for Midget who had gone off somewhere.

"Hello, guys! How was the Voltron workout?" Coran asked coming into the room white a dish. "We're getting there." I responded. "Are you and Allura almost done fixing the Castle so we can leave this planet? I feel like we're sitting ducks here on Arus." Shiro said and Coran grinned. "Just about. In the meantime, to get your minds off those duck seats you're worried about, I made you guys an authentic ancient paladin lunch!" Coran explained and took off the top of the dish revealing... something that supposed to be food.

"Coran, you just got me hooked on that goo and now you're switching it up?" Hunk complained. "This is packed with nutrients." Coran said and Hunk leaned forward to smell it. "Oh, it smells disgusting!" He complained and Coran smelled it as well.

"I know! That's how you know it's healthy!" Coran said and I stood up ready to leave. "Coran, we're on a planet now with fresh herbs, spices, and whatever this thing is. A tuber? If you'll excuse me, I'm going to head back to the kitchen and spice things up." Hunk excused himself and Shiro stood with me. "Where's Smalls?" I asked.

"He's probably checking on those prisoners we rescued from Zarkon. They'll all be waking soon in the infirmary." Coran said before approaching Shiro with a forkful of the 'authentic paladin lunch'.

"Open the hatch. Food lion coming in!" Coran said and Shiro leaned back in disgust. "No. Just... no." Shiro said and we left. "You don't know what you're missing!" Coran yelled after us but we ignored him. "You're as anxious as me." Shiro said to Skittle when we entered, Wee one's knee was bouncing up and down in impatience.

"These aliens we saved know something about my family. They have to!" Shrimp said. "I hope so." I said and Shortstack looked up at me. "They recognized you, didn't they? They called you 'Champion.' What does that even mean?" She asked me and I sighed. "I don't know. I can't remember very much from that time. But the way those guys looked at me when we freed them, I don't know if I want to find out." I confessed and looked up in surprise when a pod opened up, revealing the prisoner who called me 'Champion.'

"So, how long were you held captive by Zarkon?" Smalls asked as Shiro and I helped the others out of their pods. "Some for years. Decades, maybe. It's hard to tell, time becomes a blur." The prisoner confessed.

"Then you must have been there when my dad and brother arrived. Sam and Matt Holt?" Munchkin continued to probe. "I never knew their names, but I certainly remember the other two Earthlings that arrived with him and Champion." The alien said, looking at me. "'Champion.' Why do you keep calling me that?" I asked.

"You really don't remember? Unbelievable! You were a legendary gladiator, undefeated in the ring. You defeated an infamous Galra gladiator known as Myzax. That was the day you earned the name 'Champion.' I was there, as was the young Earthling." The prisoner paused as if reliving the memory.

"We were all prisoners, forced to fight for the entertainment of Zarkon. That day, we were set to fight Myzax, a vile beast many thought could never be defeated. Slaughter awaited us all. This 'Matt' was the first of us sent to fight, but fate had other plans. You were so thirsty for blood, you injured your fellow Earthling." The alien said.