Chapter 18: Depression and A Alex

Girl above is Claire

  ~Claire

  I basically went in to depression and wasn't able to go to school for the rest of the week because of this annoying injury.  I didn't talk to anyone and denied my brothers comforting skills.  Eventually Liam came in and gave me the biggest brotherly hug he could manage while I cried into his shoulder, letting it all out.

  "It's okay Claire, let it all out."  He whispered.  He continued to lay in bed with me while we watched movies.

  "I'm going to kill Alex one day!" I heard Damian yell from down the hall.

  "Glad to see he's home."  I thought.

  "What'd he do now?"  I asked Liam to ask Damian since he was my bestie.

  "He gave me such a difficult time when I was trying to pick up your school work, and the school bought you a laptop for you to keep for some reason."  He grumbled sitting next to me on my bed like Liam.

  "It's probably my fault." I muttered stating the truth.  He's got Ally and I've got my brothers, he's not different from the others.

  *ring*

  "I'll get it." The boys shouted in unison.

  "Well I hope so because I can't."  I smiled trying to end this depression.

  I heard shouting and fighting downstairs so I got up and grabbed the crutches from the closet—yes I've broken my leg before— and began limping my way downstairs.

  "Guys?"  I asked slowly.  "What's going on."

  I stared into the eyes of Alex and what seemed to be a bouquet of flowers sprawled around the floor.  They instantly stopped what they had been doing and struck poses.

  Liam leaned against the closet that was next to the door while Damian laid down on the floor in a pose.  Alex scrambled to pick up the flowers and walked up to me slowly.

  I looked at the ground doing my "signature apology" move.

  "Claire, I'm sorry I hurt you.  I won't let it happen again" (Ahem, yeah right.  Dante said that 1000000 times and IT STILL HAPPENED!)

  "Thank you." I smiled softly, leaning onto my left foot since my right knee had surgery. "It was my fault anyways."

I turned to go into the kitchen because I had a glass vase and fancy decorative rocks to go in it.

"Let me do it." I heard Alex say.

"You can put the rocks in the vase." I replied as he began to pour the rocks.  I walked over to the counter and looked out the window, staring into the long grass.

  I'll have to mow that later.

  I walked over to the fridge and took out a bottle of water.  I felt Alex come up behind me and wrap his arm around my waist while his free hand reached to get another bottle of water.  I stepped onto his feet as he waddled over to the table.  I giggled and stepped off taking his water.

  "Hey!  You have your own!" He exclaimed, I dropped my bottle on the ground and it rolled on the table.

  "No I don't." I said trying to show a serious face.

  "Oh yes you do."

  "Where?"

  "Under the table"

  "NUH UHHHH~!"

  He bent down and picked up the bottle banging his head on the table.  I winced.

  "You have no proof of that being mine."

  "I have my brain and eyes proof."

  "I can't see into your mind!"  I shouted laughing feeling his head.

  He pulled me off of him and took back his water bottle.  He took the flowers and put it in the vase.  

"Thank you." I whispered.

  "So is this water yours ma'am?" He asked

  "No." I said bluntly throwing it into the sink.

  "Regretssss." I say as the glass plate made a crack sound.

  Damian bolted into the room and put his body in front of the sink.  "No touchie."

  "Sorry Damian, I didn't mean to break the plate." I apologized sincerely.

  ⚾️-⚾️

  What a great sister! 

  Note the sarcasm.

  Girls and guys who play softball and baseball, I feel sorry for your catcher.  It hurts to squat for a long time, especially in some softball gear and yeah.  RIP Catchers.