Chapter 21: Revisting the Past

~Claire~

  "I didn't mean to kill him I was scared he brought some friends to help kill me so I shot him." I explained to Alex's father.

  "And..." Alex said rolling his arms.

  "And I got mad because he killed Oliver." I told him while pouting at Alex.

  "Dad it was self defense, I gave her the combination to my gun safe for those reasons." Alex explained while trying not to get me in jail.

  So how I got here is obvious, they found out how I killed a guy and are framing me for murdering someone.  As you all know I only killed him because it was self defense and because he killed my best friend.

  "She's not the kind of person who would murder someone." He pleaded walking behind me.  He wrapped an arm around my stomach and placed his head on mine.  "If she goes, I go."

  Alex's father groaned and nodded.  "Fine I'll let you go.  I know you wouldn't kill someone with out a purpose."

  "You would do the same for mom." Alex added and his father nodded, I took time to notice how Alex looked exactly like his father.

  "Thanks Dad." Alex called out before we left the station.  We climbed into his Ford Fusion that I got him a couple months ago before he switched my bank account over to his so I couldn't pay for anything.  It's frustrating sometimes.  Scratch that, all the time.

  Third Person

  The knock on the door made it evident that the hinges were still attached to the door.  Alex walked towards the door and Damian met his gaze.  "If you murdered my baby sister I swear Alex I will rip your throat out."

  Alex's eyes widened at the threat as Claire's sneakers batted against the ground.  Alex didn't want her feet to get cut with broken glass so he had no choice but to hand cuff her to the banister just to put on sneakers so she had extra layers.  It surprised Alex that she hadn't taken them off yet as well as the fact that he had his work cut out for babysitting his future bride.

  "I'm fine Damian." Claire said before becoming embraced by her older brother.  Alex shot him a dirty glare and clenched his fist.

  Claire escaped from the extended hug and wrapped an arm around Alex's midsection as Alex held her waist tightly.

"Hey Claire, I just wanted to let y'all know that I'm having a party at my house with all my friends. I was wondering if I could leave him with me at the party or someone else?" Damian asked while inviting himself inside, Alex glared at his actions and followed after his brother-in-law.

"You should leave him with a baby sitter or bring him to a friends house because I wanna come." Claire answered sitting on the leather arm chair that Alex loved to sit in. Alex picked her up and sat down then replaced her on his lap.

"Claire you can't go." Alex's voice sounded strained when he told her this. He wanted her to spend time with her brother but he was still wary of him from when he first heard about him killing his mother from Claire one night at his mothers house.

"Fine." Claire said and leaned into Alex. "I can take care of the Liam situation. It's be nice to take a drive out of the house with Alex again." Claire added smiling at the thought of the chats they had in the car on long trips.

Alex kissed the back of Claire's head and placed his right hand on her stomach while the opposite rubbed her arm in a comforting way. Damian eyes Alex's motions but thought nothing of it.