First, They Meet

Everybody likes to randomly hang around with their friends, right? Even if it was just a normal walk, it’ll always be fun. Especially that there is that one guy that keeps flirting with every girl he sees on the street and fails. That was Drake. His failures helped keep a good mood around the rest of his friends, Dave, John, and Sarah.

There that afternoon, which was after lunch, they were just having a walk, Sarah to the rightmost of the guys, beside John, whom stood next to Dave, whom stood next the Drake, yeah, the leftmost. The place was calm and all, for it was just a town, and a few people were around.

It was quiet—save for the chatters here and there, and especially Drake’s chatters. Honestly, they were no more interesting than the wall—until a brown haired, skinny skater came up to them on her roller-blades. “Move!” she squealed, but it was too late. ...The poor girl bumped into Drake…

Drake smirked, as expected, and started taking a few steps towards her slowly. “Hello, babe. How’re you?”

“I-I’m fine… Sorry,” she apologized as she helped herself up.

Drake wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her a little close, clearly pretending to be helping her regain her balance. “That’s good,” he said.

“Umm…” she twitched, “Let go of me…”

“Why?” he asked her with that cheesy grin on his face.

“B-Because I don’t like it…” she answered him, trying so hard to keep her temper and not punch him off.

“Come on, babe. What’s wrong with it anyway?”

Sarah walked up a little closer to them and told Drake, “Umm…Drake, no seriously, stop, this time, I’ll let John call Michael…”

Drake’s eyes widened, then he murmured in a low, kind of childish tone, “I don’t need ghost boy to tell me what to do…”

The girl cleared her throat. “I’ll only ask one more time…so please get your hands off me…” she said threateningly.

Sarah sighed and looked at the boy behind her. “Alright, John, now really, call Michae—” there she was cut by a masculine voice that said, “What’s with Michael?”

They all looked towards the source of the voice to see a male whose age was seemingly impossible to identify because of how pale he was…he was almost as white as blank paper, and the thing that attracted the most attention to him was the color of his eyes, green so bright. He was definitely not a kid, for he was about 5”11. Another thing was his pitch black hair. That only left his clothing yet to describe, which were simply a black shirt, blue jeans, and sneakers. Finally and most importantly, he seemed completely emotionless, even his voice was so.

However, the four friends seemed to identify him, for Drake immediately let go of the girl, and then he hid behind John, the brown-eyed, black-haired boy. The man glared at Drake, causing Drake’s hair to stand on end, but no one would blame him, for that man’s glare looked seriously deathly. “I don’t want to die, I don’t want to die, I don’t want to die…” Drake kept murmuring that phrase quickly and continuously, as if that man was his biggest nightmare or something. Being scared seemed okay, but muttering that phrase honestly seemed stupid to most of his friends; the pale man wasn’t pointing a samurai sword at him, now was he?

The green-eyed ghostly man shifted his gaze from Drake to the girl he was flirting with.

…….

A weird feeling filled his chest, it was warm and pleasant. It started creeping up his spine and taking over him, just like poison running through his blood vessels. He felt a little stupid, but his lips slowly curved in a smile. The few wrinkles that formed around his mouth area said that he had probably never smiled or showed expression or emotion in his life.