Samboangan

Sunlight strikes the radiant bank of the secluded island of Malamawi. Pabias opened her mouth and took a bite of Daral that was prepared by the cuisiner. She sat at the littoral of the beach with a sheath thriving in horizontal colors and umbrellas covered for her.

"Do you like the ambiance of the beach?"

"Yes Inah," said Pabias.

"If only your father is not busy preparing in case some bandits would attack again"

"I wouldn't feel abandoned too"

Everyone in the community is invited. Dressed well in their very best attire, Siyatawi matched with colorful Sawwal for females and Sawwal Kuput matched with Badju Lapi for males. Excited as Pabias turns eighteen. Watching Tausug women in their traditional costume, dancing the traditional fan dance and the Pangalay. Dancing gracefully with swift moves, expressing how beautiful the dance. How beautiful the dance is, is how awful Pabias' heart.

Pabias staring at the shore.

"I can see father's silhouette, Inah. I miss him."

"How pity you are longing for a father. But remember Indah, your father is the Panglima and is responsible for the community's tranquility."

"Yes Inah. I know that and I understand Amah," said Pabias.

"But if I were you, I would also feel the same thing. Imagine? I am the only daughter of my father but can't even spend his time with me even on my special day,"

"Enough Inah, I want peace now and I hope his in safe"

"Prepare every Kalis and send it to the Mananasal," Said the Panglima.

"How about yours Sire?"

"Why? Do you think this is not a Kalis?"

"Yes! Of course Sire," answered immediately.

"Pabias, I miss you Indah. I'm sorry that I couldn't be with you right now"

Standing beside the door with walls constructed with timber and bamboo beams enclosed with nipa palm leaves. Thatched roof and sits on stilts seven feet above the ground. The house is surrounded by a series of raised porches leading to a separate kitchen.

The glittering stars drew emotions on Pabias heart. Longing for a father said the heart.

"Amah! Amah! Why do you have to live on the other side of the island and leave me in awe?"

Stretching her arms and imagining his father's face to be touched by her soothing hands. Tears filled Pabias' alluring eyes and flowed down to her pinkish cheeks. That outspoken beauty of Pabias captivates every man in the community. Her hair was a rich shade of ebony as it flow in waves to adorn her glowing, porcelain-like skin. Her eyes, framed by long lashes, were as bright as brown hazelnut that seemed to brighten the whole world. A straight nose, full lips that as color of a red rose - she seemed the picture of perfection. She has a smile that the world would sigh with contentment and would light up a room.

"Indah, What are you doing there? Go and sleep. Your room was already prepared"

"Yes Inah"

"Wait, is that tears filled in your eyes?"

"No"

"I know I'm old enough, but I can still see clearly"

"I just miss father Ina and I don't know what to do," said Pabias.

"You know your father works hard for his duty as the Panglima. Why can't you realize that?"

"I'm sorry Inah, I just miss a father's love"