Chapter 1

It all started with a crush on a senior guy.

It was a regular tuesday, I was with my friends and stuffs and I didnt know how I suddenly went home with a broken wrist, and a broken heart.

Apparently I was watching my crush (like the creepy stalker I was) play basketball in the quadrangle. And then one of his friends magically threw the ball in a high speed- towards me. As much as I wanted to act cool and block the ball with my hands and act as if it was nothing, catching the ball with one hand in the wrong angle definitely hurt.

The guy came rushing towards me and asked if I needed help and I just declined. He shrugged and then stopped midway on insisting on giving me help. And I was about to go home when my eye caught Jace- with his 'rumored' girlfriend, Danielle. I heard Jace hated pda's but Goddamn! They were kissing in the middle of the quadrangle- and boy it wasnt just a kiss. It was the type of kiss that no one was supposed to see. The kind of kiss that eventually turns into a freaking f'ing. And people say they werent a thing.

My heart was aching and probably bleeding, I mean, bleeding. The heart pumps blood all through out one's body. That kind of bleeding.

I reached home with a loud thud on the floor as I threw my bag on the counter.

"Mom! I'm home!" I scrambled through the first aid kid and tried to look for something that might ease the pain my wrist was in.

There were like band aids, alcohol, and stuffs that I dont even know the use! I took the green thing and rubbed my wrist with it, slowly, using cotton thing. And it didnt made it feel better. Then there was this water like thing and I applied it too, the same procedure as I did with the thing before, turns out it just cleaned the brown thing that i applied earlier. I tried every single tube and bottles that said 'for external use only' and gave up.

I'm kinda clueless with these stuffs and it didn't help mom was no where to be found. I rinsed my hands in the sink and sulked at the sofa, turning on the tv and watched 'Clueless'.

I WOKE UP the next day, still in the sofa, but I was covered with sheets, my wrist was covered in a white cloth that seemed flexible. The pain was there but it's bearable. The tv was off, and I could smell blueberry pancakes from the kitchen. I went straight to my room and did my morning rituals and never minded that I was still in the same jeans and undies but the thought of pancakes and hot chocolate was something I wouldnt miss. Mom was barely home, dad was almost never home. And I was an only kid. My name is Jasmin Brooks and I'm on junior high. Apparently I am a wallflower and only had two promising friends. I excel in maths and science, and language, but never in p.e. In my defense, I play volleyball fair enough. My hair was long, straight and it was brown. My height exceeds about 5'3 and that was something. I was positively sure I am one of the tallest in our batch.

I ATE the pancakes mom handed me and it was gone as soon as it seated infront of me. I remember not having dinner and I was about to ask for second servings when mom suddenly told me I had 15 minutes to prepare for school.

I RUSHED towards my room and took a fast bath and blow dried my hair I only had a couple of minutes to put on eyeliner which helps me look like I fitted in, though I was clearly not. The school bus arrived at exactly 7:40 and I was sure I wasnt the only one who was getting late. It takes about 20 minutes to reach St. Louis, it was an ex- exclusive school but the government bought the property because our state was lacking enough schools. Now it was considered as a public school, though the rooms were very exquisite and elegant, the chairs were wooden and we have our own desks. The labs were sterilized and theres a wifi zone near the computer labs. Thank Gods. We didnt have to wear uniforms but old students may or may not use them. But most of those who continue wearing those were mostly nerds and the school's student officers. Those student officers wore the uniform with pride and the senior representative had caught my eye.

Jace Evans.