The Meeting

Kimberly

"Are y'all ready??" I called up to my brothers who seemed to be taking years to get ready for our meeting. Today is the day we meet our opening acts and see Chandler again. I was excited to meet the openers. Their names are Paisley Rail and Sam Lexington. Scott showed us some of their music earlier this week and they've got some talent. I'm excited to work with them.

Chandler on the other hand, I'm excited to see her... But I'm not so sure about Neil. I think he's quite nervous about seeing her again. Somehow they've managed to not speak, or run into each other at any award shows or events. They'd rather pretend each other don't exist then face their problems. I guess some things will have to change...

"Ready! Let's go!" Reid said excitedly, as he made his way down the stairs, with Neil (looking a little less excited) following close behind. I cheered and we all raced to the car and headed towards Nashville.

--

Chandler

I pulled my Range Rover into the first reserved spot in the Big Machine parking lot. Today was the day of the meeting. I wasn't exactly excited about it either. I was actually terrified about how everything would go. Heck, if it wasn't for manager I probably would have called in sick and made them reschedule.

I just wasn't sure where Neil and I stood. And today is not the day I want to find out.

Although, I was a bit early I was putting off going inside as long as possible. I'd rather be anywhere else but here. Unfortunately for me, my manager whipped into the spot next to me and gave me a signal to get out of my car.

"Good morning Chan!" Dave greeted, cheerfully.

"Hi," I mumbled as I slammed my door shut.

I followed Dave up the sidewalk and into the building, the whole time he was telling me to be friendly and gracious and blah blah blah the whole way up. I wasn't listening though, my mind was preoccupied with my feelings and all the different scenarios that could happen today. I haven't been so nervous yet annoyed in my life. And it's only 9 am.

"Hey Chandler! I missed you sweet heart!" Scott immediately greeted me as I came into the building. We hugged and then Scott greeted Dave as well.

"So Sam and Paisley are in the other room. They are both very excited to meet you. They're huge fans of your music," Scott informed them.

I smiled slightly," Great. Let's go meet them." Scott gave me a funny look. You could tell he was slightly confused. Usually I'm a little more excited and friendly then this. But honestly, Scott wasn't my favorite person right now. I didn't appreciate him trying to play match maker for the second time now. He's the one who made Neil and I go public with our relationship, and if it wasn't for him we probably wouldn't have broken up.

"Oh my gosh!! Chandler Hart!!!" Was the first thing I heard when I walked into the meeting room. A peppy and young brunette, bounced over to me immediately. I instantly took notice of her confidence and pep. It kind of reminded me of myself when I was her age. Except less peppy and desperate of course.

"Hi! I'm Paisley Kelley!" She continued, "I am SUCH a huge fan! And I can't wait to work with you!"

I gagged as I pulled her into a hug. Her pep was a little much for me, and honestly it seemed fake.

"Nice to meet you!" I fake smiled back. Usually I'm pretty generous towards fans, but from the minute Paisley started running her mouth I couldn't even stand to talk to her

People aren't really my thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm so beyond thankful for the fans. But I'm more of a reserved person.. Fans were really more of Neil's thing. I always admired how him and his siblings were always so open and loving towards fans. I don't think I could ever be that though. Especially not now.

I wonder how the Perry's would take Paisley? Would they like her? Would Neil think she's pretty? Will he enjoy her company more then he ever liked mine.

Just stop thinking about him, Chan. You're over him. Y'all are over.

Because I was too busy lost in my own thoughts I totally forgot to greet the tall and very handsome boy standing a little behind Paisley.

Ohh what was his name... Jack.. Cory? No no, it started with an S. Seth? Sam! It's Sam!

"Hi nice to meet you, Sam!" I finally greeted him.

He took my hand and shook it. My hand seemed so tiny in his. But I liked it. I liked the way they fit together.

"Nice to meet you too Chandler! I'm a big fan!" His voice was friendly and calm. I could actually probably handle talking to him.

I finally looked up at him. I immediately took notice of his bright blue eyes. They seemed to sparkle in the light. He was also wearing a ball cap that covered his sandy colored hair.

"Nice to meet you too.." I was finally able to spit out after a few long moments of staring.

Once I realized what was happening, I snapped out of it. I was his boss now, and I certainly didn't want to give him the wrong impression.

"So anyway," I said stepping back, "can we get this meeting started?" I asked.

"Well the Perry's just walked in, so yes." Scott answered me easily, as he left to go get the Perry's.

For a moment I totally forgot they were coming.

In a few short moments I was going to see Neil again. The memories immediately came flooding back.

--

Neil

Scott led us through the building to a room in the back, his office.

On the other side of the door, you could hear conversations. Obviously other people were in there. I couldn't hear Chandlers though.

Scott opened the door and my palms became sweaty and my heart sped up a little.

I'm just gonna play it cool. Act like everything is ok between us, because that is the only way this is gonna work.

When we walked in Scott immediately introduced us to the opening acts. Sam and Paisley. Reid, Kimberly, and I all greeted them nicely. They seemed sweet and I was excited to work with them.

"...and y'all know Chandler." Scott said, directing our attention over to him, who was standing near her.

She looked stunning. Her blonde hair was falling in waves from her shoulder. Her eye makeup was light and she was wearing a baseball style t-shirt, jeans, and boots. She even looked a little skinner and fitter.

I know we aren't dating. And I know I hurt her, but I truly do miss her.

"Hey!!" Kimberly squealed, pushing me aside and running over to her before I could even think about moving!

They hugged and for the first time in forever, I saw Chandler's beautiful smile and heard her contagious laugh.

Reid then hugged her and greeted her.

It was my turn now.

I started to go in for a hug, but then so did she. I hesitated and she followed and then the whole thing turned out to be awkward. Like something that would happen in a cheesy movie.

"uhh Hi!" I offered, with I smile.

"Hi," she greeted softly.

In that moment I realized just how awkward and stiff the room was. Everyone was silent and staring at us, waiting intesntly to see what the other would say next.

"Uhh could y'all give Neil, Chan, and I a minute please?" Scott quickly asked.

Everyone nodded and quickly exited the room. Leaving Chandler and I alone with Scott.

I shifted the weight on on my feet, just waiting for Scott to talk again.

Finally, he cleared his throat and spoke directly to Chandler and I, all of his attention was on us, "Ok here's the deal..."

---

Hey! Sorry I know this was long and actually kind of a horrible chapter but I really need feedback so I know if I should continue this story or not! Thanks!