Chapter 3: My Wish

I managed to reach our house a minute before 10 but as expected, I was welcomed by closed lights and a locked door.

Only the sound of the leaves being swayed by the cool breeze of the wind was with me as I stood in the street covered in the darkness of the night.

I know that my mom is already asleep that's why I texted her to let her know that I'm already outside.

As I waited, I looked at the sky and I was awestruck as I saw the stars. Yup, it was a starry night. It was definitely a sight to behold.

As I gazed at the cluster of stars, I remembered the trend about wishing upon shooting stars that once went viral this year.

If I'm not mistaken, those celestial objects have a higher chance to appear during a starry night.

I suddenly hoped to see one.

I believe that the wish part related to it is a myth, but what if I see one? Well, I think there's no harm in trying.

As I looked at different directions, I can hear my mom opening the main door.

I stopped gazing at the sky and watched my mom opened the door.

I started to think of alibis because of going home late.

"I guess I should look at the stars one more time...", I whispered.

Then suddenly,

I saw a shooting star.

I quickly closed my eyes and made a wish.

"Kaiser Leonhardt."

"Wait... what?! Aria, you should make a wish, not mention a name! And of all names, why his?!"

Geez. I've been thinking about that guy since a while ago.

Now, I totally wasted my chance to wish about good health, high grades or whatever. I can't believe it. But why go crazy? As I've said, I just tried it. No one knows if the shooting star thing is real.

But what if it is actually true?

Then as I was talking to myself, I felt my mom's hand as she pulled my hair.

You know what happened next. It's what strict parents do when their children go home late. Hahahaha!

As I woke up the next morning, the first thing I thought of is how grateful I am that I survived last night. Hahaha! I think I fell asleep while my mom's mouth is being a machine gun.

I already kind of memorized  what my mom say whenever I go home late so... I don't really feel scared somehow anymore. Hahaha!

As I was on the way to school, I still can't get over the fact that I saw a shooting star last night.

I want to tell it to my friends but I expect them to ask me what I wished for.

I can't go telling them that I unexpectedly mentioned that guy's name! Geez.

Anyways, tomorrow is the cosplay competition. 

I helped my classmates in finishing and finalizing the props.

I don't want to sound biased but I can really tell that we'll win this contest.

The following day, was the said competition.

aaand our section won! It was raining during the awarding but that didn't stop us from celebrating.

As I was walking back to the room, I saw Kaiser and Alexander near the bleachers. I can't help but remember what happened the other night.