Chapter 20 ~

Chapter 20 🎉🎉 ~

Ryan's POV ~

I roll over onto my stomach, my eyes pressed tightly closed together, and some part of myself, my sleeping subconscious, couldn't tell where I was. Was I in paradise? I could hear the birds whistling, the sun forcing itself into my closed eyelids, I could hear water running somewhere. Was it a waterfall I could hear? Was I dreaming? I couldn't tell. I knew though, I couldn't feel you, my skin was cold and so was the bed, you weren't in my timeless harmony, filled with peace, prosperity and happiness.

I reach out my hand, feeling your side of the bed, not feeling you, but the cold mattress. I tried to open my eyes, but they were reluctant from sleep deprivation.

After the incredible day me and Danny had yesterday, we went home afterwards and I promised to prepare and make the man I loved sushi and that's exactly what I did, over a couple of beers and a film, it doesn't seem romantic but I felt it was, me and Daisy never once had meals together and when we did, we didn't share them together, we were apart, often in separate rooms, we couldn't bear each others company. Danny and I though, went to bed particular late last night, and we spent the night spooning and watching films together through the early hours, and I'm not even ashamed to admit, some of the films we were watching were chick flicks and romance. I was surprised really, what DVD's Danny owned, they were not DVD's a twenty six year old man should really own, but now I knew Danny, really, it seemed natural for him to own these type of films.

I feel a soft kiss pressed to the side of my temple, my sudden thoughts dismissing from my mind, and I couldn't tell, really, if I was still in my dreams or reality anymore, it feels like I'm dreaming, because the kiss didn't feel real, it felt like I was in a perfect paradise or heaven to me.

"Good morning, gorgeous," Danny, my incredible boyfriend, whispers into my ear, sending goosebumps down my neck and a blush to my cheeks, and now for the first time, I realise I'm not dreaming, I'm completely awake. So awake now, that my mind couldn't help relapse itself to my recent thoughts I was having. Was Danny my boyfriend now? Should I really call him that? Would Danny mind me calling him that, I mean, I am still married. We admitted our feelings now and our love, did that mean though we were more to each other now, either way, I loved how boyfriend sounded in my mind and how it rolled off of my tongue.

I open my eyes, and finally look up at the younger man hovering above me. Danny was topless, his hair was messy, his fringe curling at the front, hanging loosely over his forehead, and I couldn't help but blush. Danny's muscular arm was pressed against the side of my face, and I really wanted to reach out and caress his arm, his beautiful body, but I couldn't, I was still sleepy and groggy, and right now I just wanted to fall back to sleep, with the younger man cuddled in my arms. I reach out and wrap my arms around Danny's waist, pulling him further into my body, the space becoming nonexistent by seconds, and I mumble, rubbing my face against Danny's arm, "Come back to bed, the bed's cold without you, and so am I."

"Mm," Danny presses a kiss against my temple, his arm wrapped around my bare waist, a thumb stroking against my hipbone, "I would but I really need a shower," I look up at the bedroom door, the shower sounding loud against the quiet house, and for the first time I realise it wasn't a waterfall I thought I was hearing but the shower, "I'm just wanting to know if you wanted to come and join me?"

I look away from the bedroom door now, and face Danny, a blush spreading against my cheeks, "You know, I'd love to but you know...," Danny crawls over me and onto the bed now, my unfinished sentence left hanging in the air, as I watch him sit beside me, on his waist though wasn't a pair of boxer shorts, and my mind takes a moment to process what Danny was really wearing, and I frown, "Are they a pair of swimming trunks?"