Shore

"Recall that I did propose to you. You could have had this a long time ago," he said, twitching his hips to accentuate his meaning.

She shifted her face from his cheek to look at him.

"It was horrible timing, and besides you weren't actually serious anyways," she responded. The look on his face suggested that she might be wrong, but she didn't say anything else about it. "I don't want just that, Jack."

He eased her down to a patchy section of grass next to the pool, then propped himself up on his elbows above her.

"No?" he asked, and she could tell that he either didn't fully understand her meaning, or he didn't believe her. She watched him dip his head to stare at her now exposed breasts, blushing both from nervousness and the heat in his eyes.

"Relax love," he murmured against her skin, glancing up at her in surprise.

"Sorry, this is just the first time that anyone's ever..." she trailed off, noticing that the same thought had just occurred to him.

"I'm the very first? For everything?"

She nodded. "Well, besides me, yes."

The perfect wonder in his eyes as he stared at her lying underneath him was something that she had not expected.

"You have nothing," he placed a soft kiss on her nipple, "to worry about."

"But-"

He raised his head again to interject. "Let me help you gain perspective. I have been with a lot of women. A lot. And you," he paused and inclined his head at her body, "are far and away the most beautiful one that I have ever seen. Really, I decided that the first time I saw you, with your practically translucent shift, lying on that dock staring up at me."

"I was a bit fascinated with you."

Goosebumps littered her skin when his hand disappeared between her legs again, playfully caressing her.

"I'm convinced at this point that you only objected to my arrest because you wanted this," he teased, twitching his hips for emphasis.

"The same could be said for you saving me," she retorted, not sounding as confident as she could have with that nestled against her thigh.

"No, I saved you because I am a good man, as you kept insisting during one of the several attempts at seduction aboard the Pearl. Besides, it isn't just your body that makes you beautiful, love. I have never met a woman who can engage in a battle of words with me and come out equal quite like you can."

No one could ever say that the man didn't have extensive skill in raising a woman's confidence.

"Well, that's all fine, but I don't know if I can..." she stopped, too embarrassed to continue. He withdrew his hand from her entrance, focusing his full attention on her face.

"Can what, love?"

She panicked for a moment, trying to search for the words to explain herself.

"What if I can't please you?" tumbled out, leaving her feeling a bit silly.

An almost comical look of dumbfoundedness crossed his face, transitioning into a look of barely restrained laughter.

"What?" she snapped.

Then a quiet chuckle did come out. "Well, I will help you alleviate your concerns in just a moment, but first, allow me to explain the ways that you have already pleased me tonight."