Zeal

She exhaled a shaky breath, struck by his heated words. His mouth was talented in a wide breadth of things. Her heart raced when it curved into a smirk that was focused on her. His lips could make her wild when he wrapped them around her nipples, and he made her melt when he fastened them to hers, giving everything he had to her.

That was all fine and well, but the thought of his mouth being anywhere near that was a dizzying prospect, both because she was nervous about being that exposed and because if he could make her come as hard as she had with just his fingers, she didn't dare to think of the heights that his mouth could bring her to.

Anything that she could have possibly said in response became scrambled up in her head since she had evidently lost the ability to form coherent thoughts, so she settled for nodding.

Jack curved both of his hands around her breasts, marveling at them.

"I thought I didn't have a hope of ever seeing these, nevermind getting to touch them. So you'll excuse me if I spend a great deal of time just making sure that they are, in fact, real and here for me," he explained when he saw her staring at him curiously.

It occurred to her that he was opening himself up more than he probably did for anyone, and the thought that he felt her worthy of his trust, especially after the crimes that she committed against him nearly brought tears to her eyes, but she resisted them. Crying would do nothing for the current mood.

"It's ironic that the virginal governor's daughter shows her breasts to a man that has probably seen more of them than he has strands of hair," she said.

He glanced up at her, an eyebrow raised.

"Lizzie, you need to understand something. The fact that you actually allowed me to not only see you, but to be the first man to see you, is probably the most precious gift I have ever been given. And stop comparing yourself to anyone. I mean it when I say that these," he gently squeezed her breasts, "are perfect."

He bent to kiss the valley between them, while she laid there, basking in the exquisite rightness that his words made wash over her. Everything about being here, in this moment with Jack, made her feel like her world had aligned, and that nothing could possibly go wrong.

She sighed as he kissed a scorching path down her torso, massaging the curves of her body with his hands as he went. Finally, he was situated at her knees.

"Open up, love."

She expected panic to bombard her, but nothing came. The only thing that she could identify was the buzzing anticipation of exposure.

With some coaxing, she parted her legs, feeling as though she was entering entirely new territory that she had not prepared for in the slightest. However, when his face transformed into the most unguarded expression of awe that she had ever seen, all remaining fear left her. A low exhale of breath escaped him, making her wonder what was going through his mind.

"What?" she said quietly.

"I just...I don't know how many more ways I can explain this. I expected to be crowned King of England before you even hinted at feeling something for me. I resigned myself to you always being that one thing that I could never have."

"But aboard the Pearl, you knew that I desired you. You always looked at me like-"

"Yeah, I knew that you wanted me, but a great number of women had wanted me before you ever came along, and...well, I didn't think that I would ever be anything more than a passing fancy to you."