40 - ellie ( date night )

i headed down the stairs in a pair of shorts and a long sleeve white shirt, with my white tennis shoes. my hair was curled. i saw gilinsky at the bottom of the stairs, in a white tshirt and a light pair of jeans. he looked hot, even though he's only dressed casually.

"where to?" i asked taking his hand that he offered.

"a walk along the beach, a picnic and whatever else you'd like." he smiled.

"sounds amazing," i smiled and followed him out the door. we walked towards the beach and there was a candle lit picnic dinner on the sand. i didn't think my smile could get any bigger. he is trying so hard to impress me and make me happy.

"oh my god," i gasped, "it's beautiful." i kissed his cheek and took a seat.

"only the best for you," he smirked.

"how did you do this?" i asked.

"the girls helped a little." he shrugged. i looked at him a bit longer, "okay a lot." i laughed.

"you smile way more than madison ever did," he mumbled.

"oh really?" i looked at him, was he really comparing me to her right now.

"yeah. she never laughed either, unless it was her joke." he rambled.

"got it." i rolled my eyes.

"what?" he asked.

"you got anything else you'd like to compare me to?" i asked.

"no.." he replied.

"well quit comparing me to madison." i told him.

"what? it's a compliment!" gilinsky said.

"okay." i said, taking a sandwich.

"oh my god! is that jack and ellie!" i heard a high pitched voice call from behind. i glanced at gilinsky and his eyes got wide. i turned and saw madison and cameron hand in hand.

"hello." i said standing up. madison glared at me causally, but smiled at gilinsky.

"hey el." cameron said walking up to me. i hugged him and walked towards gilinsky. placing my hand on his arm.

"oh jack. how are you?" madison cooed as she kissed his cheek. he tensed and so did i.

"so how are you two?" i asked, slightly separating gilinsky and madison. she noticed and took a step back.

"we are great." madison said kissing cameron's cheek. he smiled and glanced around then beach.

"and you two?" cameron asked.

"we are good," gilinsky answered and looked down at me. i smiled and nodded my head.

"maybe we should go on a double date some time!" madison clapped her hands together.

"yeah no." i replied.

"we will pass on that," gilinsky stated.

"you both are so boring." madison said rolling her eyes.

"see you guys around," cam said taking madison's hand and walked away.