prologue / characters

"What are you gonna do for it?"

"Huh?"

"What are you willing to do?"

"Oh, so you think you're Rihanna now, huh?"

"Nasir..." I said, and I couldn't help but laugh, "I'm serious, babe"

"Okay, okay...", he said sighing, "well..."

I sat and watched him try to conjure up a response to my question.

"It depends on what you want me to do, Lani", he said in a raspy voice. He gave me his signature stare. The one he thought could change anything, and he used for everything. The look that was supposed to make me fall in love again everytime... or at least thats what he was going for, but it was overused, misused most of the times, and now I only read it as "forget whatever we were talking about, lets just kiss and make up". I wasn't taking it this time.

Nino inched towards me and puckered his lips. I wasn't phased.

"Thats not gonna be enough this time, Nino". I turned my head and stared forward. We were sitting in his car, parked outside of my house. He called me about two hours before to get something to eat, now he was trying to eat something else, if you know what I mean.

He placed his hand on my thigh, "Milan...-"

"No, Nino!" I said, laughing again, "You don't get it...You just...don't"

"Then what is it?", Nino replied, "Am I missing something?"

"No", I said, calming down. "Well... i don't know how to put it..."

"Then you can't fucking tell me I don't get it, If you don't even know what the hell it is that I 'don't get'", he yelled. I stared out the passengers seat window, as a bedroom light flicked off from my house. My aunt was probably getting ready for bed. I smirked and shook my head.

"Now what the fuck is up with you, Milan?", he said, using the same agressive tone. I didn't budge.

"Mil...", he said, softer. Nino rubbed my thigh in an attempt to console me. I'm the type that shuts down when people yell at me. My attention goes elsewhere. For some reason as much as I wanted to be mad at him, at the world to be quite honest, I couldn't hold the grudge. I gave in to his desires and since we're already being honest here, I wish I wasn't so gullible, because I feel like thats where it all started. Thats where everything went south...

____________________

Milan Brixton (17)

Nasir "Nino" Wilkens- Milan's boyfriend (18)