Chapter 1

{Chapter 1}

The bell rang as everybody rushed out of class. I slowly got up and grabbed my things. I adjusted my hair and bumped into someone.

I looked up to see brown eyes. I quickly look away, realizing it was that jerk, Justin. I rolled my eyes as I went out.

I stopped and turned around. I look at Justin and he was checking me out. I sighed and walked to my next class. I carry everything because I don't want to go to my locker. I like being early.

Being as early as the teacher wasn't there, I sat down at my assigned desk and went on my phone. I tapped on the Instagram app and scrolled through the page. Since I was following that jerk, I decided to check his story.

Justin's Story

Justin was vaping, and then he turns to one of his friends and his friends realized he was recording. One of his friends exclaimed "Dude!" And Justin laughed. "Oh shit, damn that girl is hot!" One of his friends said. Justin flipped his phone and zoomed into the girl. "Daaaamn!" Justin exclaimed. The girl was wearing gray tight leggings with black knee high boots. She was wearing a periwinkle adidas sweatshirt. She had her hair up in a ponytail, but her bangs stood out. The girl was walking down the street, on her phone.

The story ended there.

I replayed the story and zoomed in on the girl. I take a closer look to realize- THAT WAS ME! I roll my eyes and exited out of Instagram. Boys these days.

I turned off my phone and looked up. The teacher just walked in with a stack of paper. He looks at me and I awkwardly looked like I didn't notice him.

"Oh, good morning Ariana! I didn't see you there." Mr. Johnson says.

"Yeah, I like being early." I smiled, making Mr. Johnson chuckle.

"You know, class doesn't start until 9:20. Go out and hang out with your friends." He says.

"No, I'm fine." I said.

I looked back down at my phone and went on Snapchat. I did my streaks and watched everybody's stories. I went on the school story to find.. pretty inappropriate things.

"Oh.. hey Justin. Didn't know you would be here this early." Mr. Johnson says in an unpleasant tone.

Justin doesn't say anything. He just snorts and sits down at his seat. Justin crossed his legs up on the desk like he owns this place. He puts his hood down and goes on his phone.

"Ariana, can you help me staple these papers?" Mr. Johnson says.

"Sure." I say awkwardly.

I got up and walked over to his desk. Damn it was messy. Letting alone the stack of papers he brought in earlier.

"Just take the first ten papers and staple them together. And just keep doing that." Johnson says.

"Okay. So are we having a project?" I ask.

"Actually, yeah." Johnson says.

I can see from the corner of my eye that Justin got up. He walks up to the desk. He puts his phone in his pocket.

"I'll help."

I awkwardly stood there as I stapled the papers. Justin leaned closer to me and wrapped one arm around me. I pull him away.

I continue stapling the papers. Justin staples the papers incorrectly as he keeps wrapping one of his arms around some. I'm disgusted.

"Justin, if you're going to help, your supposed to do what Ariana doing." Johnson says.

<><><><><><><><>

We finished a few minutes before class started. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I need a talk with Justin.

"Excuse me Mr. Johnson. I'll be right back." I said as I dragged Justin out with me.

"What do you want?" Justin says.

"Why were you acting like-

"I'm trying to help you here." Justin argued.

"For what? I don't need help." I say as I roll my eyes.

"Look, do you want to fuck Mr. Johnson or not? He's had a history with his former students. Even students he has right now. Alexa hooks up with him everyday with after school. You're his next victim. That's why he called you to help him. He wants you to get closer to him. And I know this because you can see the signs. I'm trying to act like we have a thing going on so he wouldn't bother you." Justin says in a low tone.

"What the hell? How do I know you're not lying?" I asked.

"Ariana, I'm being honest here. And I'm not lying. Please be careful." Justin looks into my eyes.

"Let's get to class." I said as I looked away.

We both walk into class. Nobody was in there except for the three of us. Was it really true?

<><><><><><><><>

I heard the bell ring. Most of the students were rushing in. I sit there awkwardly watching them go to their seats.

I looked at Alexa who was staring at Mr. Johnson. Alexa licked her lips and looked down at her notebook. I sighed and gathered up my things. I know I should've done it before but I was on my phone and helping Mr. Johnson.

"Good morning my fellow students." Mr. Johnson says as his eyes land on Alexa.

Nobody said anything back as they were staring down at their desks or they were just on their phone not paying attention. They were clearly being rude. I mumbled good morning quietly. Mr. Johnson scanned around the room but then he went back to his desk.

A minute later, Mr. Johnson got up and sat on the front of his desk. He looked at his notebook and looked back up to class. Nobody was paying attention.

"Listen up class, so today we're going to do something little different. You guys are probably going to hate me after this, but it's worth a try. Today we're gonna be starting a new project. This project is about what's inside plants. Not only what's inside of them, we will be talking about plant cells. Who would like to pass out papers?" Mr. Johnson says.

Mr. Johnson's eyes scanned around the room. Nobody was raising their hands. His eyes landed on me and I knew exactly what he wanted to do.

"Ariana, will you pass out the packet?" Mr Johnson asked.

I nodded my head quietly and got up. Something is telling me I shouldn't. But if I don't then that would be rude.

I walk in front the class to get the packet. But something stopped me again. Someone was behind me.

"No, actually I'll do it." Justin says.

Everybody immediately looks up. Everyone knew that Justin wouldn't do this. I slowly walked back to my seat.