Operation: Get out of Hell!

(Drew)

My head was still wrapped around the idea of protecting May. It's all I could think about after talking to the guy and taking up his offer.

"I have a question," I asked him. We were now sat in a small room in the subway, completely alone still.

"Fire away, kid," he took his sunglasses off and stared at me. This man looked battle-hardened, with a scar across his right eye, left cheek and his face just looked...worn out, his deep red eyes staring straight at me. He adjusted his bowler hat on his head and waited for me to speak. "Well?"

"What's your name?" I asked him. "It didn't say on your card..."

"Well we go by code-names down here, but it's Norman," Norman introduced himself. "But you will have to call me by my code, which is Viper."

"That doesn't sound creepy at all," I laughed awkwardly and looked away from his hard stare briefly. "What about me?"

"You want a code?" he asked me and I nodded.

"Yup."

"Well anyone new is known as a cub, like a baby animal," Viper confirmed my name in the underground and I sighed. 

"I'm a bit more cold-hearted and serious than that, y'know," I cracked a smirk at him.

"You'll earn a new title if you stick with us long enough," he said simply and then more people walked in. "Ah, yes...now it's time to begin your first mission."

I looked around the room slowly. So many of the men were almost 7 feet tall and heavily built. They seemed so menacing. What was I going to have to do? Everything felt strange and hostile, I wasn't liking the situation all of a sudden. Was this really going to be worth it?

(Ash)

"Shit..." Gary murmured as we slipped into a storage room, hiding in the school. "Miette could move anywhere with the data..."

"Are you sure?" Misty asked him and Gary shook his head.

"Of course not, she won't move," he sounded very sure of himself. "It's just a possibility that could happen if we are not careful. She is in class, so we just have to wait for the right time."

"Gotcha," I said as we peeked out of the room briefly, before moving down the corridor. 

"Is anyone else confused that Drew isn't here today?" Misty asked what I imagine we were all thinking in our current situation.

"He said he would meet us here every day...no matter what," Gary was puzzled too, which was a surprise. "I did message him but his phone seems to be off."

"Weird," was all I said, not having time to think about the emotions running through me. We had a more important task at hand.

Everything was silent, as classes had begun. We knew that some students had patrol duties within the school, to catch out heavy bullying or any loiterers. Many teachers that didn't have any classes wandered between staff rooms and corridors every so often. This wasn't an easy task. 

"Okay, we should probably have only one person go up from now on," Gary advised, using his brain for once. When Gary was serious and thinking clearly, he was sure as hell a better person than his usual egotistical self. It was a nice change to see him showing off his intuition and true thinking skills. We had made it to the stairs, so his plan was a good idea.

"I will go," I volunteered, which seemed to have Misty pissed. 

"I want to beat her brains in though!" she almost yelled, Gary quickly covering her mouth. Classes that were making noise adjacent from us suddenly fell silent and we all panicked, ducking under the staircase and into the darkness.