~Heartbreak~

Third Person's View

Because of the release of ep. 1 of Mermaid Tales...

I give you cringe....

Btw I just want to have noted I have drastic plans for this book, and this may have a similar resmblebence to many of your favorite movies.

Also many characters belong to Disney.

*Play Song*

Aaron and Aphmau silently make their way back to the beach, finding everyone sitting on the smooth sand around a small bonfire.

It was late in the evening, the night sky dark and the stars bright.

The moon shining like the smile of the gods.

Lucinda spots them making their way over, her face displaying a slightly frustrated yet suggestive look.

"Where were you two exactly?!" She exclaims, her arms crossed.

Jack looked particularly weird at the two, but then again, he looked particularly weird at everyone. 

They both had nothing to say, until Aphmau reached into her cloak, retrieving a small piece of Resan.

Lucinda's expression wavers as she eyes the tiny object in awe.

"Resan?" She questions, gesturing to the crystal-like item.

Aphmau nods, walking slowly over to the shipwrecked vessel.

Everyone then turns to the ship, watching.

Aphmau whispers a sacred chant to the resan, making it glow, then smashing it across the side of the ship.

It explodes, though the explosion is contained to the ship as it spreads throughout the whole vessel.

All the damaged parts of the ship meld as if from thin air.

The ship even moves from its once slanted position to a vertical position.

It slides across the sand into the ocean, like it had a mind of its own, refreshed and ready to combat the sea's wrath once more. 

Everyone leaps up in amazement by what they just saw, and also because the ship was drifting away.

Then it stops, a bridge made of light appearing to board the ship.

Everyone then turns to Aphmau.

She was in her Ultima form, her eyes a thunderous purple and her skin deathly pale.

Her cloak had grown spikes, very much like it was when she was a mermaid.

Her hands were reached out in front of her, each exerting a band of light that connects to the bridge.

Lucinda hesitantly places a foot on the light bridge, it lighting up like the sun when it comes in contact with her foot.

It was solid.

Everyone then starts to board.

"You coming Aphmau?" The Stranger asks, only a bit thrown off by her current state.

He was already on the boat, waiting for her to board.

She then snaps out of her ultima form with more control than she had before, the bridge disappearing.

It is only after that she realizes, looking horrified at her arms, noticing she had turned in front of everybody.

She then looks to the ship from her place on dry land, now sailing off.

She closes her eyes, a wave of the ocean wrapping around her and flinging her onto the boat with ease.

She manages to find her footing on the ship, dusting off her cloak, trying to buy herself time.

Everyone steps back from her, scared of what she is.

Aphmau breathes heavily discerning everyone's shared fearful expressions.

"Ultima....." Jack says in awe.

Aphmau drops her head, nodding.

Everyone continues to stare at her, unsure what else to do, terror in their eyes.

"I'm the Ultima mermaid, daughter of Poseidon, princess of the sea," Aphmau states her titles, the ones she had kept hidden and failed to embrace all this time.

Everyone gasps, all of them mumbling amongst themselves.

The Stranger seemed the most shocked.

Guilt and regret warping its way into his face.

Everyone in unison bows down to Aphmau, even Lucinda.

"You guys aren't......scared of me?" Aphmau asks, having not expected this kind of response.

"No, your highness, we should be thanking you," Garroth says uncharacteristicly polite.

"Please, you shouldn't feel the need to bow to me, I bid you to arise, and go on about your business."

Everyone does as the princess says, scattering to different ends of the boat.

The Stranger indefinitely sticks around, unsure what emotion to convey as he walks over to Aphmau.

"You're.....um you are the mermaid princess?" He asks, blankly.

"Yes......well, I uh used to be."

"What do you mean?" He questions, scared of her answer.

Aphmau leans against the railing, exhaling.

"Recently, a band of pirates raided our kingdom, killing every merman and mermaid they saw, showing no mercy."

All The Stranger can do is stiffle a wince, the guilt taking over his body once more.

"They killed my mother....they killed everyone....."

The Stranger keeps quiet, listening to her story.

That he knew all too well.

"I'm going to Tortuga to find their leader........"

Then they both say the name at the same time.

"....Aaron Lycan..."

Aphmau looks at The Stranger weirdly, then her gaze goes beyond him, her eyes widening.

"Pirates!" Lucinda bellows to everyone.

"Ya?" Jack answers, thinking she was calling him.

The pirate ship in the distance comes in closer.

After seeing what pirate ship it was, Jack says.

"Oh bugger, I owe them money."

Have a nice day my crystals!