Chapter 1

Satara Storm raced through the woods behind her home in the wizards' land. Behind her, her sister Scarlett had trouble keeping up. They dodged and jumped over fallen trees and small creeks. Satara came to an abrupt stop and Scarlett had to jump out of her way to avoid collision. There was a clearing ahead and their wizard parents were waiting for them. So was Scorpion.

"Come, Storm sisters. Your animal guardians await you," spoke their wizard father, Iram. Their wizard mother Edith was waiting for them off to the side with Scorpion. Iram motioned for them to move forwards and step in the center of the clearing. Then he held up his staff and brought it back down, striking the ground. Two calls sounded from the other edge of the forest and grew louder as they came forward. Iram's animal guardian Frist, growled uneasily. He was a snow leopard.

Scorpion stood stiffly out of the corner of Satara's eye. His panther shadow was curled around his feet purring contently. Scarlett was scanning the sky certain that their creatures could fly. "There's no way that noise came from the ground because of where the sound reached our ears." Scarlett said earlier and Satara just shook her purple hair and glared at Scarlett with her dangerous red eyes.

The noises got very close and Satara stiffened as they reached the clearing. Heat and magic radiated off of the two creatures as they landed from their long descent from the skies. The first being came towards Scarlett and the second one came to Satara. In front of her stood a beautiful black and purple dragon with a large and club like tail that was encrusted with gems and crystals alike. Her wings resembled a butterfly with their spots and markings. She roared loudly and spat what looked to be venom. Satara grinned wickedly.

Beside her Scarlett was jumping and laughing with a bright and flaming Phoenix that made a number of noises and ruffled Scarlett's messy red hair. Satara just smiled. "Now you must name your creatures girls," spoke Iram and everyone held their breath as they awaited an answer. "Dawn." Satara spoke and they burst into applause.

Hey guys! Dragon here. Hope you liked the first chapter in the Beasts Within series! I obviously have the character with the dragon. If you were wondering. Well that's it! Catch me in the sky my pretties! *evil witch cackles*