Chapter 3

Scarlett's heart was beating fast as she made a split second decision. "Inferno," she answered, and named her beautiful Phoenix that. She looked over at her twin sister, Satara, playing with her beautiful Dragon.

"Hey Scar, like your animal?" It was Scorpion. The red head nodded her head, and watched as Satara walked over to them.

"Oh my gosh, I love Dawn!!" She squealed in excitement. Iram and Edith walked over to the teenagers with their guardians.

"Now you know, these are a big responsibility, and not a joke right?" Iram questioned. The twins and Scorpion all rolled their eyes. This hasn't been the first time that he had said that to them. The father repeats it all the time now, and it started when Scorpion got his guardian first.

"Yea we know dad," said Scarlett.

"Scarlett Storm, don't you dare make fun-". He was cut off by watching the three teens run of with their guardians, totally not listening to what he had to say.

"It's fine Iram, they're just really excited, and they already know this. They've been preparing," Edith coaxed her husband.

"I know, but you never know what could happen to those three," he huffed, and sat down, and they watched the sky together.

In a open area of great, Scorpion, Satara, and Scarlett stood, with their spirit animal by their sides. Scarlett's bright red hair matched to Inferno's feathers, Satara's purple hair matched to Dawn's scales, and Scorpion's dark black hair matched with Shadow's fur. None of them were talking to each other, just standing with their animals. Their hearts were beating fast, and Scarlett tried to start conversation. "Do you guys like your guardians?" She asked.

"Yea," Scorpion said.

"Totally!" Satara squealed.

"I wonder what we are going to be able to do with them though," Scarlett wondered. Mh-hmm was the response from the other two. They all looked on the ground in unison, and Satara started to wander off. The others didn't notice.

"Hey guys!" Satara shouted. "Come over here!" The girl and boy followed her path, and they found the object that she glanced at. It was a little man, who was crumpled in a ball. He wasn't conscious, but he looked to be holding something. A disgusting stench filled the air and the three teenagers felt entirely repulsed. They moaned, and took several steps back to escape the obnoxious smell. Scarlett stepped back up to the man slowly, waiting for her twin and her friend to catch up with her. They closed their thumb and pointer finger around their noses, not letting any smell in. They pushed their way to the tiny man, and stood above him.

"Is he even alive?" Scorpion asked, and the twins just shrugged. Satara found a stick, and poked him, and he moved a bit, and they heard breathing. "So he is alive?"

"Apparently," Scarlett retorted. Her twin hit the man with the stick again, but he caught it. Their eyes widened, as the man stood up.

"What?" Satara muttered under her breath, and all three started to back away, but the man held up his hand to stop them. He reached into his tiny bag, and pulled out a little box. A little box that was ticking. And a timer. The timer showed three seconds.

"It's a bomb!!" Scarlett yelled, but they didn't have time to get out of the way. It exploded. But luckily, their guardians protected them, and they were safe, while the man died. But they had no idea that there was another explosion in the woods.

Hey yall, it's your boy Kelsey here. Hope you like the chapter!! Bye loves!!