!!!

This was from a conversation I was having with someone earlier, no I'm not saying who, or what it was about but I really just wanna help make people more aware of this

Everyday, someone you know is being abused and manipulated by someone they know and are close to.

It comes in so many forms, and it isn't only physical or emotional. It's mental too. The person who was the subject of this conversation was afraid to go out in certain clothes because they were taught to believe that whatever they wore was too short, or too provocative. They were taught to believe that everyone would stare at them, whisper about them and their clothes. This person is scared to do certain things, or to even go to work because they've been forced to believe that they're wrong. They can't even properly stand up for themself without being scared.

The worst part is that this person is scared of their significant other.

This person is a mother of 4. This person gives massages for a living. This person cannot stand up for her kids or herself in fear of her husband. She can't do things without having to run it by her husband first.

We've gotta be more aware of everything going on around us. We've gotta be more aware of what abuse really looks like.

If anyone you know suffers from an abusive family member or their partner is abusive, please get help for them. Talk to them, convince them to get out as fast as they can. And no matter what, if you yourself are in one, get out asap. You wouldn't want someone you loved and cared about to remain in one, why would you?