Chapter one

Chapter one

Vampires? We hide from them. When they first came and showed themselves to use we were scared. We didn't know that they could do. But the vampire king made a truce with us humans. No harm would come to humans. That they wouldn't feed on us, that they would feed on animals.

When I was 10 a vampire in Chicago lost control. Her name was Raven. The king sentenced her to death. She was 107 but didn't look a day less then 16. I was the reason she lost control. She was my guardian or something like that. My parents died when I was little and she promised that she would look over me.

We were playing cards one day and I got a paper cut. She shot straight up and back against the wall. Her eyes started to change from bright crystal blur to a lavender purple, and her fangs started to come out. I just stayed where I was not moving a muscle. "Melina?" she whispers to herself. Then she ran out of the room before I could ask her anything.

I didn't see her for a few days. I started looking for her and asking around and found out that she was going to died because she broke the law of feeding. I went to see what the king was going to do with her and found out that he was going to rip out her heart. They were going to let everyone watch. To send out a worming to all vampire that if you break the law this is what you get. It was on national news to.

I went to watch in person. I wanted to see her in person one last time before she died. It was held at the capital building that they made for the vampires. The king asked raven if she wanted to say anything before he did it and she said yes and stepped forward.

"I didn't mean to do it-" she pauses looking at everyone. Looking for someone. Looking for me. When she finds me our eyes lock and it feels like she is talking straight to me and no one else. "I never meant to do anything to that boy. But I still did it and I can't change that no matter how much I want to. I can't turn back time and change what I did. No vampire has that power. Not even the king. I stood by him when we came out of hiding. I will always stand by him. I will always stand my my brother. I might of taken that boys life and changed him but I also saved someones life. Someone I love dearly." she says smiling at me.

She looks at the king and I notice that their eyes are the same color. Lavender purple. The eyes or royalty. " I am ready to die for my crime brother but first may I please speak with someone?" she asks hopeful. "Yes you may sister. Call them up please." he say, his voice was soft and yet husky at the same time. Raven turns back to me.

" Max Anderson." she says soft and sweet. I tense up. "Max sweetie can you please come up her?" she says stepping forward. I start to walk to her. Everyone in front of me start to clear a path for me. When I was about ten feet from her she kneels down. I run to her and throw my arms around her neck. She hugs me tightly. When she let's me go she looks into my eyes and tucks a piece of hair behind my ears.

"Max. Oh my sweet Max. You are special. Don't let anyone tell you different. Your blood is rare, it's powerful. Your powerful. Things are going to change in the future. People are going to try to find you. People are going to try to kill you. Promise me Max. Promise me that you will never give up on anything. No matter what happens." as she says this bright red tears feel her eyes. Blood tears. "I promise Raven. I promise." I feel tears start to go down my cheek. I pull her in to a hug and breath in her sweet vanilla smell one last time.

"I'm going to miss you Raven." I say and kiss her forehead. She smiles. "As I will miss you my sweet sweet max." she says kissing mine in return. She let's go of me and stands up looking at the king. " I am ready Michael. But please let her leave first. I don't want her to see this." she says her voice not even above a whisper.

He looks down at me and smiles then nods his head yes. His eyes were a little brighter then a lavender purple. I look behind him to see a boy with the same eyes only a little darker. The kings only son Alec. He smiles at me. I smile back at him but it feels different then my normal smile. I feel two sharp points against my bottom lip. Alec's eyes go wide and I start to turn away. The points disappear as I walk away from them knowing that I would never see them again.

I might not of seen Raven die but I heard her scream. Then I heard something I thought I would never hear. The king yelling. The king yelled a name. One name. "Melina."

The king yelled one name that would change everyone's life's. The one name everyone had forgotten. The name everyone mourned. The name that everyone knew not to say. The name of the daughter he lost. The name of the half vampire princess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~