Chapter two

It's been 7 years since that day. Raven was right. Things did change. The vampires took control. And the humans? There's barely any of us left. We a re a endangered species. But the few of us that are left have learned how to survive.

We follow the hunters arrow. The hunters kill the vampires or die trying. A few of us have been changed into vampires but not all. They call it the hunters arrow for two reasons. 1. We hunt them, the vampires. 2. Trace Michael Arrow.

He was the first hunter. He was out hunting one night and a vampire came up behind him and bit him. They almost killed him. His soul almost left his body. But just before it did the vampire realized what they were doing and stopped. They bit their wrist and made him drink their blood. Thus changing them into a vampire to walk the earth. Alone. Forever. That was 7 years ago. He was 17 years old. He was the best hunter. From the stories it was a royal vampire. The stories are true. The vampire that bested him was Raven.

Since that day the hunters have spread all over. They are in almost all of the major city's now. New York, Atlanta, San'Fresco, city's like that.

I have been with the hunters for 5 1/2 years. They found me in Boston. I was running from some vampires that were trying to feed on me. The took me in and trained me. They taught me how to kill them before they killed me. Now I'm one of the fastest and most skilled hunters alive.

A 17 year old girl, the best since trace arrow himself. There have been rummer about me, that apparently I'm not human at all. When someone asks me about it, I deny it. Tell them that I am 100% human. But truthfully I don't know if I am or not.

I'm stronger and faster then all the other hunters. When I'm hunting my eyes will change from my bright crystal blue to a bright lavender purple. The first time I noticed it I was hunting with my friend drake. When he seen them he tried to kill me.

We never told anyone about it because the only people in this world that have purple eyes are vampires. Purple, orange, red yellow. If anyone has those color of eyes they are vampires. And purple are the eyes of royalty. Even the servants and bodyguards have purple eyes.

Dustin, the hunters leader, told me that after a human turns their eyes will change a certent color. It depends on what color you have where you go in the world and what "rank" you are. Purple is the highest. That's why we call them the eyes of royalty. And it depends of what shade of purple what "rank" you get in royalty. The brighter the purple the higher you are. Dark purple are the servants and lavender is up with the king.

No one has ever seen anyone with eyes brighter then the kings eyes. Until now. Until me. There are only two people besides me that know about my eyes. Drake and Erik. My best friends. Dustin and Drew have came close to see my eyes, but every time they have changed back to their normal crystal blue. They would kill me in a heart beat if they seen them. Would they really kill me?

I stare into the mirror in my room looking into my own bright blue eyes. "Change." I say focusing on my eyes. " Change." they stay the same Color. "Change!" I say starting to get frustrated with myself. I take a deep breath giving up once again. "I don't see why you even try to do that. It weird and creeps me out." Erik says looking up from a old fox magazine I found last week in the dump. It was from before I was born.

I laugh to myself. " I do it because it's a pretty Color and I want to see if I can make them change by myself. I don't see why you read old magazines that are older then dust." I say with a smirk. Erik rolls his eyes and gets up off his bed walking over to me. "Have you seen the cloths in these things?" he hands me the magazine. "Do you see their style?" he asks pointing at the front page. It had a girl on it leaning up against a wall in converse, black skinny jeans, and a white hoody with a beanie on.

I had to admit they had style back then. I sigh and give him the magazine back. "your right they do." I walk to my bed and lay down. I shut my eyes. " come on Erik let's get some sleep. We have to go hunting tomorrow." I say. I hear him groan. "fine" he says and I hear him lay down and then hear the click of the light turning off. "goodnight Erik." I say yawning. "goodnight maxy" he says. I growl. He laughs and I can imagine the smirk on his face. "Goodnight Max. Sweet dreams" Erik says. 5 minutes later I hear his soft snore.

I turn in my bed and look out the window up at the stars. "I miss you raven" I say feeling a tear going down my cheek.

I fall asleep to the memory of the last time I seen her alive. I fall asleep thinking about what I would be like if she wouldn't of bit trace. If she wouldn't of died. If she didn't leave me. Would I be with the hunters? Or would I be a royal?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dustin ↑