Chapter three

The next time someone tells you that if you go to sleep early you will feel refreshed and full of energy the next day, do yourself a favour. Slap them across the face. They are lying to you. The next morning I woke up with a splitting head ache. I felt like I was going to puke up everything I ate the previous day.

I wanted to go back asleep, cuddle up in my blanket and forget everything. But I knew I couldn't. I sat up in my bed looking over at Erik's sleeping body. He looked so peaceful. Like he wasn't worrying about what was going to happen today. I decided not to mess with him. To let him sleep.

I throw the covers off of me and stood up just to fall right on my face. I look behind me to see one of my high-tops. I sigh and stand back up. I walk across the room peeling off my t-shirt. I those it in to the dirty cloths basket. I quickly take off my bra and put on a sports bra and put on a tank top over it. I strip my sweats and put on a pair of shorts.

( polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=87694920 )

I turn to see Erik still asleep in his bed. I wasn't worried about him seeing anything. He already seen me naked. I wad getting out of the shower one day and walked in to my room to him laying on my bed reading a book. My body didn't even phase him. That was the day I found out he was gay.

I walk to my bed grabbing my socks off the floor. I quickly put them on and then put on my high tops. I grab a pen and a post it off the my night stand. I quickly wrote Erik a note in my fancy script.

Hey pain In my ass,

I woke up early and decided to go to the gym. When you get off you. Lazy ass come find me. We need to work out.

Love Max

P.S. Bring your gloves. :)

I gently taped it to his forehead snickering to myself. before I walk out of the room I grab my MMA gloves and my iPod. And I walk down the hall other hunter dip their head in acknowledgement. I smile back at them.

I walk into the gym to see Dustin and drew going at it. I roll my eyes and walk over to the stereo system. I plug in my iPod. I click my workout playlist and turn it up all the way. I set down my gloves and start to stretch. When I'm done I walk over to Dustin and drew. They stop fighting and look at me. They were both drenched in sweat.

"how long have you guys been in here?" I ask cracking my knuckles. "a hour or so." drew says trying to catch his breath. I laugh to myself. "Really? You guys are sweating like dogs." I say walking back to the stereo picking up my gloves. "Oh! Do you want to go Andrews?" Dustin say mockingly. I smirk. I quickly slip on my gloves.

"That's exactly what I want to do Alters." I say walking forward. Dustin looks at drew. His look was priceless. "Dude I can't get you out of this one you brought it on yourself!" drew say putting his hands up.

Dustin gulps. "I'm gonna die." he say falling in to a defensive stance. I laugh and run at him. He ducks and I do a flip over him. I land in a handstand and quickly fall onto my back grabbing his legs. I pull them out from underneath him making him fall to the floor. I flip over in top of him pinning his his arms down with my knees. I stay there. "Max I think that's the fastest you have ever taken someone down." drew says in awe.

I smirk. "That was just playing around." I say getting off of Dustin. " I was holding back." Dustin quickly gets up off the floor. "Then don't hold back max. Because they won't. You of all people should know that." He says throwing a punch. I quickly dough his right hook grinding my teeth.

He throws more punches that I easily dough. He yells in frustration. "Stop fighting it max. Don't hold it back." he says throwing a punch that connects with my rib. "Let it out. Let out the anger. He took her from you. He took raven" he says kicking my feet out from underneath me. I fall to the ground and lose it. I let it out. All the anger. All the pain. Everything.

I can feel my eyes change from blue to purple. Before I can do anything I'm off the ground giving it my all. I finally let out a scream and pin him up against the wall a few inches off the ground. I look into his blue-green eyes to see my reflection in them. My eyes were purple and i had two sharp point poking into my bottom lip. Shit.

"Finally!" Dustin sighs stroking my cheek. I shut my eyes letting him go. I back up a few steps and fall to the ground. The door opens and we look to see Erik walking in. "Max next time wake me up, don't...." he cuts off mid sentence. He looks at everything and then looks at me seeing my eyes. He walk over to me and sits next to me on the floor pulling me into his arms.

I cry into his shoulder. The only thing that's was on my mind was I was going to die now. A hunter was going to kill me. Dustin, the guy that saved me from the vampires in Boston was going to kill me. Ironic huh? He saved me only to kill me. I was going to die for being different.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drake ↑