Chapter 5

Emilio was gone.

Emilio was no longer in the living room, the cover he'd been under now disheveled and twisted, as if he'd been fighting it. As if he'd been having a nightmare. I couldn't feel anything. Emilio was gone, all because of me. I could barely hear Jake, he was telling me he was okay, he was telling me it wasn't my fault.

Even though I know it was. I couldn't think of anything to do, Jake had taken care of everything. Then it clicked.

"It's my job to protect him." I told myself. "I have to go look." I kept telling myself that, over and over again. I ran out of the door, without shoes or a jumper, but it didn't matter. Finding Emilio was the only thing that mattered. I walked down the street, ignoring everything but the photograph in my hand. He could be dead. He could be dying. He could have been kidnapped. He could have been mugged. He could have-

"Y/N!" Jake yelled after me. "STAY INSIDE! IT'S NOT SAFE!" I could barely hear him over my own thoughts. 'Emilio Martinez, YouTube star lost because of stupid girl'. 'Emilio Martinez, dead.' 

Jake was already taking care of everything. The tracking, missing persons list. He said he'd call me if he found anything. Right now, I want to be alone. I sat down on the stone pavement and stared at the cars going past.

+Jake's POV+

I hit my computer with frustration. It wasn't working. The tracking wasn't working. Y/N was completely beside herself with worry, and here I was, with nothing found but sorrow. Erika came in and brought me a drink, taking out the one before that I'd barely touched. I kept my eyes focused on the map, looking out for something, anything. Before I knew it - there was a dot. A small, red dot, moving fast. I sat up straight in my chair, my eyes focused on it. "Erika!" I yelled. "Erika!" She rushed into the room with urgency. "I found him! I found him!" I could barely comtain myself. My heart sank as I realized that Y/N was still out there. "Erika, you go get Y/N." I told her. "I'll go get Emilio."

+Your POV+

The cars raced past like my memories. Memories of Emilio. He's probably dead now, I thought. Morbid but true. Before I knew it, Erika was beside me and telling me to come inside. I followed her, only because I liked her. I came inside to a cup of coffee and some biscuits. She looked happy. "Why are you happy?"

"Jake's tracking Emilio!" she said with delight. I sat up instantly, spilling a bit of coffee.

"I have to go with him. I have to."

"You can't, he's already left-" I went to Jake's computer, which was somehow in my house, and saw Jake on the map. He'd just left, and if I left now I could catch him. I pulled on a jumper and ran out the door, practically jumping into my car and driving. Soon, I saw his car, and I struck my horn. He turned around in surprise, then seeing me, gestured for me to go into the other lane. I obeyed, Emilio's car in near sight. Jake went faster, catching up to the vehicle. A man I didn't recognize was at the wheel, Emilio laying down in the back. The car was running out of fuel, I noticed, and was slowing down, much to the driver's fury. He had to pull over, get out of the car, and take Emilio with him into the woods. We had no choice but to follow him.

He stopped in the middle of the clearing, when I realized who it was - my mugger. He didn't just have Emilio, he had Ivan as well.

"Psychopath." Jake spat at him.

"Come any closer and I'll hurt them both." he said, sadistic. Before we knew it, a man in pllice officer grabbed the knife off him, and put his hands in handcuffs. He wrestled helplessly, but it did nothing against the three and more police officers forming. 

I went up to Emilio and hugged him helplessly. Ivan joined in, then Jake. Group hug. We hugged for a minute or two, at least, just savouring the moment.

"I swear to God, I am never letting you out of my sight." I said, muffled.

"Well, I can make that easier for you." said Jake.

"How?" I asked, confused. He produced his car keys. "It's been a long day, and Team 10 needs some rest." So we all went back to the car, everyone deep in conversation with the twins.

"When were you taken?" "Where were you?" "How did they manage to get in Y/N's house?" "What was it like?" They were being absolutely bombarded with questions. 

"They're probably tired." I told the rest of Team 10. "Let's just get home." They agreed, and conversations were averted to something not entirely relevant. I just felt happy, so happy that everything was okay.

We were at the Team 10 house, and everyone was talking, about eight different conversations at once. Jake stood up, and addressed them as well as his vlog camera. He'd already made a video about what happened to Emilio, because his fans didn't know why he didn't upload. "Okay." he said. "Chance, bring up the official Team 10 sheet."

Chance brought up a handmade sheet, with messy handwriting and nowhere to sign, but I was suspicious. "Okay, Y/N, repeat after me." I raised one eyebrow. "I, Y/N, am officially a member of Team 10!" I grinned with delight, and repeated after him. My dream had come true. I was on a famous TV show. I was part of the fastest growing channel on YouTube.

Just call me Y/N, daily vlogger. 2 million subscribers.