Prologue

"Peter!!!!" I yelled through the top of my lungs when I noticed that my brother have handcuffed both of my hands. He appeared standing in front of the door grinning widely while I'm still in bed, struggling to slip my hands in any chance I might have. Unfortunately, I can't. Why do my hands have to be handcuffed? Infuriated, I tried to stand up when I notice him slowly stepping back, finding any chance to escape me.

"Not so fast Bud" I said to him grinning when I caught him with both hands trying to grip him firmly.

"Look I'm just following orders" he said trying to get out of my grip to him. "Says who?" I asked making him stay at his position while he tried to be released, luckily I'm strong enough to hold him tight with his 7 year old tiny arms. "Mom gave me the permission to do anything to wake you up. Mwahahahaha! Sorry big sis!" He laugh with his evil laugh and got the chance to escape my grip. "Mom has the key!" he shouted. I somehow love that kid.

I go downstairs immediately, wondering why mom wants me to be awake. I saw her in the kitchen holding a goblet, cleaning it with her apron. “Mom why would you let a 7 year old kid use handcuffs? And probably where did it come from? What do handcuffs has to do in waking me up?”

“Well I’m glad you’re awake. I gave that handcuffs to him because I know it’ll make you annoyed at the same time I know it’ll wake you up.” Said she eyes focus on the goblet she’s wiping. 

“Where did it come from?” I asked her giving her a questioning look. 

“That doesn’t matter anymore.”

I didn’t care anymore since I have no interest in knowing it. 

“Well Peter said the key’s yours. Can you free me now? I’m getting tired of this mom.”

“Say the magic word” she said grinning.

“Pleeeease.” I said faking a smile.

“Good girl” she said taking the keys from her apron’s front pocket, throwing it.

The smile on my face faded quickly replacing it with an annoyed façade. The arranged table wares caught my attention, catching a glimpse in the dining room. It got me curios.

“What’s the occasion mom?”

“There are new neighbors in town, just beside our house, I figured out inviting them over.”

“Is that why you woke me up?” I asked leaning beside the fridge staring at the window.

“Yeah, now Moira I want you to get ready for later. And don’t ever again bring your clumsiness with you, understood.”  She said, with a serious look on her face. I nodded and turned around quickly.

Suddenly I remember what happened a year ago. 

-------------

Mom invited the Samuel’s to come over our house to have dinner. I was having a wardrobe malfunction, my jeans’ zipper was stuck and I keep on pulling it up but it’s still stuck, I tried to pull it down but much to my dismay it got more worse. Trust me, you don’t wanna know. I looked for a top to cover up the bottom of my jeans. I found a black fit shirt so it won’t be obvious to see. 

Mom called from down stairs. I immediately composed myself and added a brownish light blazer.

I look fine, I told to myself. Keep calm….

……….

12 minutes…

It took 12 minutes to endure the pain while sitting pretending to have a smile on my face.

Oh how it really hurts like SO BAD!

My underwear was stuck right out of that stupid zipper, and it hurts so bad because of the fact that whenever I try to stand up, the skin- well just imagine it, don’t want to tell the whole details. 

Then the time has come when you suffered and can’t hold it any longer.

I stood up fast only to realize that I brushed my wine with my hand and it splashed to the lady in front of me. I think her name was Jen. Her eyes closed and lips pursed. I breathed in and out and ran till I met my room.

I heard my mom say sorry and I don’t  know what the visitors(neighbors) said. 

I ruined my jeans and obviously the night. 

Mom scolded me and grounded me for a week without cellphone. Like I care. I don’t really text much.

---------

Brought to reality I asked mom “ Well who are they?”

“The McGavins’” 

**************

Hey there! Well yeah this is my first time doing a story, so if there is any thing you want to suggest or point out just let me know. Comment, like and vote! 

P.S. This is not proofread, so if there is anything wrong, correct it. --- nah just kidding! Well anyways let me know.

-Jam