Chappie 1: The McGavins, Minus One

Right after helping mom prepare the silver wares, I ran to my room preparing for my dress for tonight. I saw the clock on my wall, it exactly struck at 5 pm. Everything is prepared, so no panic-mode for me.

See the only thing that panicked me last year was that I was kind of asleep from cleaning my room and I was so tired, I didn’t noticed the time run by. When my mom shouted (FYI She shouts really loud that the whole world would come to an end) that the visitor’s would come soon.

 I thought I was dreaming but I was brought back to reality, It’s 6:44 pm!

 I panicked and hurried to change my clothes, fix my hair and face calm.

And the jeans thing happened. 

The next day my mom convinced me to say sorry to them, I sighed in relief that they accept it and forgave me though I brought a pie that my mom made for amends. It’s really embarrassing you know…

So now, by this time, I brought myself back to reality. That, I assure, will not happen again.

I opened my iPod and played ‘That’s what you get’ by Paramore. My whole room is kinda like vibrating to the sounds, so I turned the volume lower enough so I could listen to it while I’m in the bathroom. 

I got in and turned on the shower, feeling the mild hot water. Making the music take me over.

I poured the shampoo on my hair.

“No sir

Well I don't wanna be the blame, not anymore”

Singing while I’m massaging my head with shampoo on my hair.

And then I sang the chorus, holding a soap with my hand.

“That’s what you get when you let your heart win

Woah

That’s what you get when you let your heart win

Woah

I drowned out all my sense with the sound of its beating (beating)

And that's what you get when you let your heart win, woah!”

When the next song played, I was almost finished…

I was thinking what proper dress would I wear since it’s going to be a night dinner with their family…

I wonder how many are they…

And then I thought about the floral dress my mom gave me when she was at a shopping mall.

That would match my black and white converse shoe since it’s a little dark yet bright on top.

I turned off the shower then reached for my towel…

I put on my robe while my hair’s twisted in my head with the towel.

I opened my wardrobe to look for the dress. It still looks new since I still haven’t worn it.

It was half dark at the bottom but the top was brighter. 

Perfect

I thought to myself.

No one will ruin this night…

*****

It was exactly 6:45 pm

They’re still not here.

Everything’s prepared. I include myself of course.

My blonde hair, loose braided, two ballers (Wide wristbands) other one says Like A Boss and the other Swagger and my pair of chucks.

Not really girly, but simple yet pleasing to others :))

I heard someone knocked.

It might be them.

Me, Pete and Mom gathered as mom was the one who approach the door.

There were three of them… just enough to say they’re a family.

“Welcome!” my mom greeted with a smile on her face. They seem to look like a really nice family.

We greeted them with a smile and introduce ourselves. They greeted us except for the boy they’re with. 

I think he’s a little shy that he forgot to introduce his self.

I smiled sheepishly, trying to set a side the thought. He’s actually kinda cute. 

Mom led them to the dining area. The setup was really comforting to the eyes plus the cream-colored table clothe match our attires.

She’s such a great person.

We’re now having a really great conversation. Probably it’s just mom and Mr. and 

Mrs. McGavin. 

I heard the boy’s name that’s just across my seat is Nathaniel McGavin. He’s 15, so he’s younger.

But I heard that someone was not able to come. Unfortunately, that person’s having a fever they said. 

How nice…. I thought while imagining that it might be a girl that has the same age like mine…

………………………………..

We just finished eating and at the same time talking. I got knowledge about the boy. He’s going to be studying at our school. 

Cool.

And as for the ‘unfortunate one’ he or she will be going too. 

It was a really nice dinner. They were so carefree and kind.

Mom’s really enjoying it. While Pete and I were trying to talk to Nate. 

Yeah, I call him Nate. It sounds cool. And he agrees with it.

He’s cool and calm, which is awesome.

They’re now leaving. Mom and I were trying to greet them goodbyes and telling them to come again.

They’re just beside our house anyways.

With that, I’m glad nothing really happened.

It was instantly a perfect night.

But it would be more nice if they were all there…

I guess we just have to find out….

******************************************************

I Know!

It has been 4 weeks I think since I’ve updated, sorry…

I’ll try my best to complete this story….

But yeah….. I’ll be posting their pictures SOON!

Excited? Me too! :))

It’s not really proofread so point out the mistakes…

Thanks for reading :D

Like, comment or vote :D

Love ya Sweeties! :* <3

-Jam