CHAPTER -6

It was almost dark. All of them, even Buj were looking foreword to looking to a good rest. They were getting close to the plains. All of them were silent – preparing for the tough part of their journey. All of them were physically tired. But their strong mind urged them to go foreword. Suddenly, a large area came into sight. The grass here was darker, longer and healthier than the grass which had covered the ground so far. This area was filled with fruit trees which seemed to be different from those which they had seen so far. There were no birds here. All was silent. Not even a small breeze was blowing. A strange sort of silence and peace prevailed…

                             Buj broke the silence. He said “the unknown plains. The secret of life is just a few days away from us. I can just sense it. But as you now, this place is covered with grave dangers. We have to avoid as much of these as possible. For that, we have to choose the easiest path. We have to head north from here.” Irwin took out an instrument and pierced its sharp end into the ground. A bunch of green pixels appeared on screen. His face showed great amusement. Mike kneeled down to look into the small screen. He also was surprised. He told Jake “this soil is extremely fertile. About 57 times fertile than our earth’s soil. It’s amazing.” Jake too observed the screen for some time. He said to no one in particular “it shows that there are about 34 springs than run through this land. Many of them may be underground springs too.” “Yes” said Buj. “A lot of rivers do flow around here. But they are not stable. They can change their courses at any time.” Jake said “Buj, I think that we should stop for the day here. It may not be safe to rest in the midst of this plain. Buj nodded in approval. “There is a cave in which we can rest in the midst of these plains. We can reach there by tomorrow.” So they settled down for the day.

                               All of them were ready for the day’s journey. The unknown plains stretched in front of them a long way ahead. But they were determined to face any danger at any time. They stepped on to the plains. All of them walked on for about four hours. Irwin and Mike were taking samples of the soil as they passed and were recording detailed reports of the soils nature too. “For a project in the university when we return to the earth “said Mike. Buj was spellbound by the hope and determination exhibited by these youngsters.

                           “As the 97th day of our adventure comes to an end, we are sure that the secret of life is not far away. The journey is getting tougher. We haven’t eaten anything since breakfast today. Buj said that the fruits found here are not safe for us. Irwin and Jake has some fruits that they collected yesterday we are saving those for the worst of times. We came across eight rivers today and one hot water gusher where we encountered some danger. The water in the gusher was so hot that, if we hadn’t stopped on time, it would have boiled us alive. Buj’s mastery of aura is a real boon to us. Without it, we would have never reached so far. But now, Jake says that even Buj’s mastery of aura may not be able to rescue us from some dangers that may be waiting for us ahead on the path. Buj has warned us all that tomorrow is going to be an eventful day and we are getting very close to the place where we are expecting to find the secret of life. I don’t know if I’ll be alive tomorrow or not. But if I am, then I’ll write about the day’s adventures.” Wrote Anna in her diary at the end of the day. Then she too went to rest…