Performance - Tsukiyama

When you hear the name 'flute', what do you imagine? What's that very first image that pops up in your head?

Maybe it's an old folk tale, with a wizened storymaker playing a telling tune.

Maybe it's an enchanting, high-pitched melody, speaking of sapphire lakes and emerald trees.

Maybe it's simply the silver instrument, resting in its case, just waiting to be picked up and played.

Yamaguchi saw something else.

He saw his life.

His entire being contained in one object.

To Yamaguchi, his flute and the music he produced with it was everything to him.

He's never met anyone who he can truly relate to with this. He's met plenty of talented musicians, sure. He's met people who could outplay him ten times over.

But yet, they still lack the fiery passion that he has.

He can feel it.

If they didn't have their instrument, if they suddenly woke up unable to play a sound, they'd be sad, of course. Miserable.

But they would move on.

Yamaguchi wouldn't.

Couldn't.

He longed more than anything for someone with the same desire to play as him. But he had given up. No one he had met had the same raw need to have the music surround him entirely. He had come to terms with the fact that he was the only person he would ever know who felt this way.

But what if he wasn't?

-

A/N: woAH it's not a oneshot

kinda long so feel free to skip this

so um yeah I'm doing an actual thing for once

If you want to read it, the introduction (this) will be up under the actual book, which will be published straight after this.

It's going to be about Yamaguchi, who plays the flute in an orchestra (which may or may not be conducted by Tsukki and have a sneaky BokuAka camo *cough cough*), having to get over his performance nerves. 

It's kind of personal to me - I can and do play the flute, and, without getting into too much detail, performances aren't exactly my cup of tea, which you can account to a sneaky little thing called anxiety. There's also some stuff relating some things my friend's gone through with his own flute playing that I weaseled in.

I'm hoping that it won't have too much impact on the updates to this book, and I'll still update this regularly. Speaking of which, you may have noticed my *ahem* slight hiatus. Long story short, I went on holiday and just didn't have the time to write. I'll try to get more efficient with my writing!

Thanks :)