Weiss's Song

The round of applause brought a smile to Weiss's face. It had been a long time since she had sung in front of a large audience for an event that her father did not set up. She loved to sing, loved how she could pour out her emotions into a beautiful melody that she wouldn't get in trouble for.

It was just that her father's events were never fun. They all just consisted of using her to attract potential male suitors that her father approved of. All the guys that her father approved of were less than nice, to say the least. He didn't care about his daughter's feelings; he only cared about how the partnership would benefit the Dust Company.

But now? She was singing at a wedding. Her sister's wedding! She was ecstatic when Winter asked for her to sing at her wedding, so of course Weiss agreed. Plus, it didn't hurt that Winter's new husband was someone who their father disapproved of. Weiss had stood up to her father for a long time, and finally Winter was joining the rebellion. Their younger brother, Whitley, would never join them. He cared too much about being the heir to the Dust Company, but Weiss didn't care. Whitley had never been friendly with her.

Weiss stepped off the stage, still giddy and smiling from her moment in the sun. She was so distracted by it that she ran into someone else, her face smacking into a collection of golden curls.

"Huh? Oh, hey, Weiss!" Weiss took a step back and saw that she had run into Yang. "Hello Yang. Sorry for running into you, I was just distracted," Weiss responded. Yang smiled a cocky smirk, typical. "Yeah, I could kinda tell. Just couldn't stay away, huh?" Weiss inadvertently blushed at this, and took a step back. "Just WHAT are you implying?!" Weiss exclaimed. Yang laughed. "Come on, lighten up Ice Queen. It was just a joke," she said, giving Weiss a light smack on the shoulder. "Oh, right," Weiss said, trying to hide her embarrassment. Why did that get to her? Yang's jokes never have before.

"But hey, nice job," Yang said. "Huh?" Weiss asked, confused on what she done so well. "Your singing?" Yang responded with a curious look. "Oh, uh, yes! That's right!" Weiss exclaimed, suddenly remembering why she had been so happy. Why was this conversation with Yang distracting her so much? "Yeah. I thought it was really good. Your voice is beautiful, by the way," Yang complimented. Weiss felt her face get hot in response, a small feeling of butterflies fluttering in her chest. "Thank you, Yang. I do love singing," Weiss said awkwardly. When would this conversation end? "Yeah, I could tell," Yang said thoughtfully, and then looked back up at the stage.

A couple of seconds went by with Yang staring at the stage and Weiss standing in front of her, feeling uncomfortable. "Well, that's that. I gotta go find Ruby before she eats the entire desserts table. See ya later, Weiss." Yang waved a short goodbye and left Weiss alone.

Only now did Weiss realize that Yang had been wearing a stunning golden dress, and that she thought she looked beautiful in it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Thank you so much for reading my story! There will be more chapters, but probably no more than 5. This is my first RWBY fanfiction, and my first
overall fanfiction that I will stick by! No deleting this one!