Confession

Weiss took a deep breath, taking in the cool, pine-scented air of the woods around them. This was a beautiful spot to have the wedding; lots of trees crowding the cliff side, parting just enough to see fantastic sunsets. Sure, it wasn't what Winter had wanted at first; Weiss remembered how much she had complained about the location before seeing it. Once she arrived, though, she instantly agreed on holding it here.

Weiss had walked away from the lights, away from all the partygoers, away from everything but herself and her thoughts. Her thoughts about Yang.

D-do I actually have feelings for Yang? Yang, of all people?! Weiss let out a small chuckle. It was almost ironic; the one she got along with the least, her polar opposite, the joker, was her crush. She caught herself quickly and tried to push these thoughts away. No no no, not Yang. You don't like Yang. If you HAD to like a girl, it would be...Blake? Yeah, Blake. She's quiet, serious, hard-working. Definitely NOT a tramp who goofs off at every possible moment, who cares about her hair much more than her schoolwork, much more than she cares about--

"Weiss?"

Weiss, startled, jumped back with a small squeak. The blonde girl chuckled in response. "Sorry, Ice Queen. I didn't mean to scare you," Yang said with a caring smile. Why is she smiling like that? The only time I've seen re smile like that is at Ruby. "Y-yes, well, you should be sorry!" Weiss exclaimed angrily. Yang giggled at her response, making Weiss feel warm inside. No! "And don't call me 'Ice Queen.' It's not very nice, you know," Weiss said.

Yang's face fell. "Oh," she said. "I'm sorry. I guess I never realized. I'll stop calling you that," Yang said seriously. What? Now she's not joking?! What's wrong with her tonight? "I...thank you, Yang. I have to ask you, though, why are you out here?" Weiss asked. Yang shifted her feet uncomfortably. "Well, why are YOU out here?" She asked. "Trying to escape my feelings," Weiss responded honestly. "Huh. Funny. I came here to embrace them." Weiss's heart stopped. To...embrace her feelings? What feelings?

"W-what feelings?" Weiss asked, slightly nervous. Yang took Weiss's hand, producing a blush from the heiress. The small pink tone stood out in contrast to her snow white skin and hair. "Weiss Schnee, I-Oh, I'm just gonna say it. I don't need formalities. I think you're pretty cute--no, I think you're beautiful--and I would love to be your girlfriend," Yang confessed, looking Weiss in the eye.

Weiss gasped and covered her mouth with her hand. Yes! She likes me too! Wait, no. This can't happen. I cannot date Yang. No one in my family would approve. Weiss looked at Yang, who was standing before her. Yang still held onto Weiss's hand, and she was watching her lovingly. Weiss looked into her eyes, searching for a sign of anything that would tell her what to say. Instead, she saw love in the violet eyes. Pure, innocent love, something that can't be faked. Weiss's heart melted at the sight, and knew what she would say.

Her life wasn't decided by her family, especially not her father. If Yang made her happy, then she should be with her. The people she loved most would be okay with it. Ruby, Blake...Maybe even Winter! I bet Qrow would be excited as well.

"Yang, I love you. I've loved you for a while, now that I think about it. It...it makes me so happy that you feel the same," Weiss said, tears springing to her eyes. "Oh, don't cry Snow Cone. C'mere," Yang said, giving Weiss a hug.

Weiss sniffles, and wiped her eyes. She pushed Yang away and giggled. "Snow Cone?" she asked with a look. "That or Ice Queen, babe," Yang said with a wink. Weiss laughed and took Yang's hand.

"Come on, Yang. Let's go tell Ruby the good news.""