Desserts

Yang fixed her dress's shoulder strap, which had slipped down to her arm. Stupid dress, she thought. She had wanted to wear something that was strapless so she didn't have to worry about that kind of problem, but Ruby had very loudly disagreed. Ruby, being the energetic and slightly annoying young girl that she was, had wanted her dress to match Yang's. So guess who relented and agreed?

It wasn't all bad; the dress was beautiful. It wasn't too long, only reaching her knees, mainly so Ruby wouldn't trip when walking. Not to mention I gotta show off these legs, Yang thought with a grin. The dress was a shimmering gold, matching her hair and complimenting her violet eyes. Overall, the dress made Yang look stunning, so she put up with it.

"Now, where'd that desserts table go?" Yang asked herself. She knew Ruby would all over that, and if Ruby went alone she would attempt to eat everything! She finally spotted a sparkling red dress and knew it was Ruby.

Rushing over, Yang laid a hand on Ruby's shoulder. "Hey, did I say you can eat those?" Yang said in her best Qrow-voice. Ruby giggled and turned around, a small cupcake in her hand. "Yang, you're impression of Qrow is very recognizable," she said with a grin. "Aw, man! I thought I was getting better," Yang feigned disappointment, which made Ruby smile even bigger. "Nope!" Ruby said happily, popping the cupcake into her mouth.

"Mmm, these are SO good! Uncle Qrow really knows how to pick desserts!" Ruby exclaimed. "I don't think Qrow knows how to choose anything sweet. I mean, he is marrying Winter," Yang said with a chuckle."So weird, right? And to think, just a bit over a year ago, they were at each other's throats!" Ruby laughed, picking up a brownie from the table. "Yeah. Wonder what happened there," Yang said absentmindedly. Ruby shrugged in response, eyes searching behind Yang.

"Hey, Ruby, who ya looking for?" Yang said, wiggling her eyebrows. Ruby blushed and stomped one foot. "It's not like that! I'm just wondering where Weiss went after her performance," Ruby said, taking a bite out of the brownie. "Oh, that it? She's over there," Yang said nonchalantly, gesturing behind her. "I ran into her--well, she ran into me--after her performance."

"Oh. Cool," Ruby said, about to take another bite of the brownie. Yang snatched it out of her hand. "You've had enough sweets for now, little sis," she said. "No! I can finish that brownie at least!" Ruby wailed. Yang laughed and shook her head. "Why don't you go congratulate Weiss? Aren't you always saying that you two are 'BFF's'?" Yang asked. "Oh, fine!" Ruby said, walking towards the direction Yang last saw Weiss.

Yang smiled and finished Ruby's brownie (it was good, just like she said) and walked into the crowd to see if she could find her dad, Taiyang. Halfway through the sea of adults talking about this and that, she realized Taiyang wouldn't be here, he'd be with Qrow; he was the best man, after all.

Suddenly having no objective, Yang stood and just looked around, observing everyone here. She caught sight of Weiss, who was wearing a dress that was a very light blue. It was strapless (Damn her) and reached Weiss's ankles, where it ended in a seafoam green color. It hugged Weiss's body perfectly, showing off her curves and exaggerating we chest. Yang was entranced, looking at every little detail, everything that made Weiss beautiful.

Wait--What am I doing? Yang shook her head and exited the trance. It's just Weiss, your teammate. Nothing new. Besides, she's a GIRL! Yang laughed at the sudden idea that came into her head. Her, of all people, liking girls. That would never happen. I'm straight a wooden plank!

Yang continued to chuckle and she made her way back to the desserts table, and began to try one of everything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Hey, thanks for reading this! I won't have an Author's Note every chapter (I hope) so don't get too flustered by these. I have some news, though. I have plans for ANOTHER RWBY fanfiction! I'll start it after this one, of course. In a later chapter I'll tell you what ship it's about.