chapter 28

We got back home and I sat on the couch. All I could think of now is: What will happen on this trip? Will the people I love the most remain safe from harm? Will I? Ashton brought me a nice cup of coffee to sooth my nerves. He pulled me onto his lap and we both kinda just cuddled up to each other. I'm confused but happy. My sister is still alive but what of her existence? Will she remember me? Was the torcher she has probably endorsed too much? All I know is I will find her and bring her home, or die trying. That is my purpose, to make sure my sister is safe as she does for me and probably for her little girl, I hope.

Ashton lashed me out of my thoughts "We will find her, my love, I promise."

"I really do hope so." I said with a tear rolling down my face as the memories of the six of us hit me like a tsunami of broken glass.

"Dont cry, I'm right here." Ashton said pulling me into a heart fluttering kiss. It helped but even the sweetest of his kissed cannot suppress the feeling of uneasiness in my stomach. He wiped the rest of the tears off my rosy face ad I pulled myself together.

"I hate that." Ashton said

"What?" I asked puzzled

"How you just pull yourself together in a matter of moments. You act as if you have no problems so you can help others. Its you being strong even in your times of dispare. It hurts that you try to hide everything when a friend needs help or even when they don't. It hurts that even i know everything you have been through but i still don't know your pain and can't help you through it..." he said.

"Its the dominant part of me. Always needing to have someone to care for and protect."

"But why now, when its just me and you, when its just us, when you can go into a vulnerable state, when i can have a chance to protect you?" he asked.

I thought about it for a few good moments and that's when i got up and ran to my bed, Ashton following close behind. I plopped face fist on my pillow and let my body go into a comfortable position as i broke down, right there infront of my boyfriend. The first time he will ever see me do this again. He crawled into the bed by my side and pulled me onto his chest. I started to cry less and less until i dosed off into a light sleep. Ashton moved his hand to my rib, sending shock and fear threw my body. I realized that those memories came back too. The memories Ashton wasent there for, the nightmare i endured not even a year before. He sat up making sure i was okay. He hugged me again.

"That's the first time I've ever heard you cry in the years that I've known you. It was nice to know you were the one who needed the comforting." he said kissing me sweetly.

"I think you enjoyed that a little to much. I just hope that you know that, that will be the last time you hear my sobs."

"I have my doubts." he said. He was probably right. Feeling vulnerability, and comfort coming from someone else beside my own conscious was nice. He might hear it again if we are together that long...

I got up out of the bed and slipped out of the room without a word. Ashton of course followed. I went down the steps and into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and made me and Ashton a ham sandwich.

"Here you go- oh wait" i said handing him his sandwich, but then taking it back and taking a bite from it. "Its not from me if it doesn't have a bite taken out of it." i said with a wink.

We sat on opposite sides of the island and just watched each other as we ate. It was nice. The silence. The thoughts we have share almost telepathically, every now and then we would giggle. I finished my sandwich and ran to the living room. As i did i heard the obnoxious laugh of the one i call my best friend. To be honest her voice is the one that really does get me out of my little cloud, along with ashtons sweet, gentle eyes and Michaels stupid jokes.

"Honey guess what!" i screamed in her direction.

"what" she said laughing.

"We are going back to Austin! Get packing because we leave tomarrow at noon." i said that and walked away giving no time to ask questions afraid of what i would respond as an answer.

I went back to Ashton and kissed him passionately on the lips. His hands moved to my waist and swept his tounge across my bottom lip asking for entranrce.

I denied and pulled away "Later" i said. Running back to the fridge to make me some more food. I'm fucking hungry.