Chapter 2

Ice's Point of View

"All right Matthew, my spirit went out of control again. I may have let my rage blind me while I was summoning my spirit." I told Matthew.

"May have? You totally lost control as usual. Like I said, you need some training with the mages to make sure your mental strength is adequate for Spirit Possession." Matthew shot the truth at my face.

"I don't really trust mages Matthew you know that." I reminded him.

"Sigh, well you're going to have to find some way to control Alke's power before you kill yourself or your friends. Maybe the Dean has a way, you should talk to him about it or you could ask Destiny."

"That old geezer again well I guess it's worth a shot. I highly doubt that Destiny will help me even though he's my Captain. He isn't even a mage in the first place." I complained.

"Hahaha, well you have to ask Destiny about that yourself, he has a unique type of magic even the Dean doesn't possess. It seems unusual and useless but apparently, he has used it so well it even shocked me." Matthew hinted.

I pondered for a moment. "Well, maybe I'll get to see him use this magic of his soon.
Is it a bad thing that Sparrow saw my spirit, Alke, possessing my body Matthew? I mean I'm sure she won't tell anyone but there's always the chance of someone using mind magic to get it out from her. I'm worried they may use her to try and seal Alke within me to turn me into a puppet for their own use", I asked.

"I guess the only way to solve all these problems is making sure you can control Alke properly. Better get started on that training then, just keep an eye out for Sparrow in case though." Matthew told me. Seeing his warm smile reassured me. I'm sure everything will be fine, I just have to see the Dean soon to learn how to control my power.

As I muttered some thanks embarrassingly to Matthew, I couldn't help but feel at home. After all, this place was where it all first began. Matthew chuckled lightly and motioned for me to turn around quickly. Curious as to why he did that, I glanced back only to wish I hadn't. Seated at the table behind us was none other than my teammates, Destiny was nowhere to be seen though. Sparrow seemed to be indifferent while Thunder was sulkily sipping some juice. No doubt I was going to get a grilling about what I discussed with Matthew.

"You better hurry back, before you get torn to shreds haha. It's nice to see you have such caring and capable teammates. They remind me of your relationship with the Commander. Well, you're lucky looks can't kill" Matthew joked.

"Well then, time for me to come up with another excellent excuse. Oh and, who said looks couldn't kill? Destiny gets killed by it all the time haha." I grinned as memories of the past flashed by. Bidding Matthew farewell, I quickly got up and made my way over to the girls. Silently giving a prayer that I would leave the tavern in one piece tonight.

"Oh Hey girls, sorry for the wait!" I sheepishly said as I sat down.

"So... care to share what you and Sir Matthew were talking about? It seemed really interesting and I'm sure you would love to share it with us, since you really care about us, don't you?" Thunder questioned, sounding slightly whiny.

"Ahahah, oh that? It was nothing much, just talking about how I totally defeated those Birmingham Badmen. Hahahahaha." I laughed awkwardly, slowly shifting my gaze away from Thunder.

"Hm? He's lying again. He's not looking at you in the eyes Thunder, and he's scratching his neck again. Definitely, shows how scared he is hehe." Sparrow teased, whilst raising her eyebrows at my words.

"Ugh, come on girls, it was just some typical guy talk. Not the stuff that you girls would be interested in." It was actually partially true and I hoped that the girls would buy it and stop pestering me already.