Chapter 1

Ice's Point of View

I opened my eyes and my head was pounding. I felt like closing my eyes and going back to sleep. Feeling slightly dazed I stared up at the ceiling. That's weird, this doesn't look like my room. I looked around and I saw Sparrow and Thunder lying unconscious to my left. I looked right and saw Destiny down as well. The situation was awful, I heard chatter outside of the room and saw a couple of armed men outside. Seems like some lowly guards equipped with only wooden shields and short swords, nothing I couldn't handle. I slowly got on my belly and crawled over to Sparrow.

I tried to wake her but she wouldn't budge. She was a light sleeper and she didn't even react to the nudge. I did the same with Thunder and Destiny and I had the same result. It seemed like someone had cast some concussion magic on them to make sure nothing went wrong with this siege. Weird? How did I manage to get up if they used concussion magic? I heard that it was a tier three support spell. The mage they have must be strong if he or she is able to reach a point where they can cast tier three magic. I reached for her dagger safely tucked away in a sheath on the right side of her hip.

It was a good blade, a strong and sharp one, capable of slicing and stabbing, but it wasn't my type, it was too small for my hands, it felt puny. I preferred using my scimitar which I paired with my long rectangular shield. I call it the scutum, it's basically a normal wooden shield but it has leather padding on it. I slid the blade back into her sheath and she started to awaken.

Shocked, she grabbed me and slammed me against the wall placing the dagger on my neck which started to bite into my skin. A full second went by before she realized it was me. She slowly pulled the dagger off of my throat and put it back in her sheath. These mages must really be confident of their skills, they didn't even bother to tie us up or anything.

She slowly got off me and I propped herself against the wall right next to me. She buried her head in her arms for a second or so before looking up at me.

"What's happening" she questioned me.

"There are a few guards outside nothing much. Wake the others." I answered. "Wake Destiny up alright, I mean, you can handle him right?" I teased.

"Uh, of course, I can handle him Ice." She replied with a slight look of annoyance, "Now go out there and show them who's boss."

Slowly I got on my hands and knees and crawled towards the door. I grabbed a sharp piece of metal that was lying next to me and sliced a piece of the door off. Using the wood from the door I cut some of my shirt up and tied the fabric around my new makeshift blade. Using a lockpick I slowly began my work on opening the door from the inside.

After about twenty or thirty seconds I was through, the locking mechanism turned and I managed to slowly open the door. The guards were facing away from me and I got ready to strike. 

Sparrow's Point of View

I watched him crawl to the door, he started to fashion up a weapon and I looked away. Whatever he was making would help him surely, he was always good at those types of things. I sneaked my way to Thunder and shook her awake, her eyes opened and her eyes widened in surprise. Quickly I covered her mouth before she could say anything out loud. I took my hand off of her mouth and placed a finger on her lip to shush her. I explained to her what was happening right now and told her to help me wake Destiny up, gosh that Ice is so annoying. I really feel like shooting him with a blunt-tipped arrow sometimes.

"Hey wake up. Hey, come on already Destiny." I pestered. Thunder tried to shake him awake but he wouldn't move at all. I felt slightly annoyed already from what Ice said and I couldn't be bothered right now. I slapped Destiny in the face and he started to open his eyes.