Chapter 1. The dream

"Daniel..." I turned around only to be hugged by something, or rather someone. I had heard this voice before....but where? That person was hugging me so tight that it might break me. The hug was so warm but suddenly I felt something cold on both my hands and neck. I looked at my hands only to find chains wrapped around my wrists. "Wait a little longer Daniel, we'll meet soon" the person said as he caressed my cheek. Wait...soon? When was "soon" going to be? And who was that person or rather him? What's happening? Where am I? Why am I in here again with that same person as before?

I sat straight, only to realize that it was the same dream I had had for about a year now. Ever since the car accident. I stood up just in time as the alarm clock went off, which meant I had to go to school. I changed at my own pace and then went downstairs for breakfast. Mom was waiting downstairs with my tipical piece of tosted bread and juice. As always I drank my juice, put my shoes and head outside with the bread on my mouth. Going to school via bicycle was really nice since Japan was actually a very nice place, plum trees greeted you every day as they embraced you with their petals.

I rode my bike as usual. As I arrived to school I was greeted by my friend Akihiko. My name was rather strange for them since it wasn't from Japan. Truth is, my dad used to be american and that was his name as well and by used to be, it means that he isn't alive anymore. He died a year ago in a car accident. A drunk driver hit us and the car crashed. My mom and I managed to survive, but not my dad. Ever since that day I've had the same strange dream about someone calling out for me and me having chains.

"Daniel-chan! Daniel-chan! Snap out of it!!" said Akihiko as I came back to reality "Sorry I got lost in my thoughts..." "Yeah I can see that!" said Akihiko as he hugged me as usual. It kind of ticked me off though, I'm not in to gay stuff. I pushed him aside and headed into class with him as the bell rang. "Daniel-chan where will we eat at lunch this time? Under the sakura tree? Or on the benches? I brought a bento for both of us!". I sighed "I don't know...sakura tree? I'm not planning to eat, I'd rather sleep". He looked at me with a frown "Daniel-chan you need to eat, lately you haven't been eating well..." "I'm ok Akihiko...it's just..-" I was cut off by the teacher, announcing that the class was going to start. So I sat at my usual place, the last desk beside the window.

I stared outside at the sakura tree. It sure is pretty, I thought. As I was staring outside I rememberd the dream. Who was he...? I suddenly saw a blond guy stand on a branch...wait..that's not possible! I mean it's second floor how could anyone so handsome (yes he's handsome I must admit) be in a branch!! Besides he was dressed very peculiar to be someone from the school. He smirked at me and it kind of felt nostalgic since I was sure I had seen that smirk somewhere...but where...?

I stood up and ran out of the classroom. I know it might be dumb but I don't know why I'm sure I know him somewhere. I fell once or twice but it wasn't a big deal, sure I had cut myself but it was nothing. When I was outside he had dissapeard. I swear I had seen him in that branch!, I thought. Akihiko came running and said "Daniel-chan what happened?! Everyone's worried!". I knew that he wouldn't believe me so I just lied "I felt sick and thought I might vomit" he glared at me as if he would've seen through the lie. "Daniel-chan the bathroom is beside the classroom, why would you run outside instead?". I thought of another lie, a more credible lie "I..I needed fresh air...I...I was thinking of ...my dad...". Jackpot. Akihiko saw me with a sorry face, he lowered his head, too bad he fell into the lie. I felt bad about lying to him but it was for the best...at least for me.

Classes where over and I decided to go to my house. I knew it was going to be empty because my mom works as a doctor now, so I bearly see her in the afternoons or nights. I kept walking to my house until two guys came from behind and took me. They tried to put me in the car, but I wasn't a 5 year old anymore. Obviously I tried to fight back, but I guess it's no use since they were big and strong, and if I may say so, ugly. I tried to punch them but it was no use. Suddenly something hard hit my head and everything became dark.