part one

The morning school bell hasn't even rang and my whole class is already in ruckus.

It was because the first subject is Literature, and the teacher happens to be our homeroom, Mrs. Nam. Although there was never any direct nor written statement, everybody knows that she gives 'surprise' quizzes every single Monday for extra points in our test scores. Her quizzes are actually well-known for being very hard, even nearly impossible. But us being desperate senior year students, it was an opportunity we can't afford to let slip from our hands.

Some were quietly reviewing the materials that she had taught us last week, some were memorizing aloud, discussing things they forgot, and some were even making tiny cheat sheets.

Sitting behind me was Lee Insoo, who looked like he's having a horrible cold. He was holding his texbook up straight, trying to memorize. But it kept falling because he kept dozing off, probably because of the meds he took.

I too, was trying to memorize some things.

CLACK!

I couldn't stand hearing the sound of the book's back hitting the table multiple times. I was holding a piece of paper, which was a summary I made last night containing of all the things that Mrs. Nam has taught, but kept looking backwards towards Insoo.

Should I give him this?

I unknowingly started tapping my feet out of nervousness. I wasn't confident yet that I would succeed on the quiz since I still have some things I kept forgetting, but seeing Insoo like that, my heart just can not take it.
I let out a long sigh before finally turning my body towards him.

I hope I'm not going to regret this.

"Yah Lee Insoo, wake up," I tugged his sleeve.

He looked startled and shook his head a few times, trying to wake up, before looking at me with his still droopy eyes.

"Yeah?"

I placed my "sacred" summary paper on his table, "Use my notes instead, it's easier to read. And I've marked the things that are probably gonna appear in the quiz pink."

"Huh?" he blinked his eyes a few times before finally getting what I mean and accepting the paper, "T-thank you Seolji-ya."

I nodded then slowly turned back to my desk.

Now let's just hope I survive.

I tried calming myself down and thinking positive, but my heart is beating like crazy I feel like dying.

Calm down, calm down, it's just a quiz.

I tried looking around to find calm people to put as role models and actually calm myself down. But to my dismay, those who are calm during times like this are always the same people. There are, to be more precise, two types of calm people during these kinds of situations.

Type one: people who are calm because they have wholly given up on school.

Those people are Kwon Hyunbin, who is leisurely flipping a trendy magazine and trying to get inspiration from famous models as he is to be one, and Jang Moonbok, who is mouthing some incredibly fast words without sound, probably preparing himself for some rap audition.

Type two: people who do not need more study to ace the test.

The perfect example for this category is Kim Jonghyun, class president and student body vice president, indulged in a book about succeeding scholarship interviews. He was always the type to study every single day at home so that he'll be prepared for everything and face it without problems. Not to mention that he was already born a bright student.