part four

This is not a Christmas gift. This is not a Christmas gift.

I kept repeating that on my head as I trotted to my class, hoping that no one would be there yet.

Almost there..

I hastened my pace, a new pen on my pocket.

This time, I wasn't going to place the pen inside a paperbag and leave it on his locker, like how I did all the time. I didn't want his friends to go wild and become suspicious. I want everything to look natural and unplanned.

And I kept reminding myself that this was not a Christmas gift, and I'm not into Seongwoo.

Yes!

I slid the door to my class open to find myself as the first comer, again for today. After closing the door again, I rushed towards Seongwoo's table and crouched down to the floor, placing the pen next to his desk.

There you go.

BAM!

The back door suddenly busted open, I stood up right in time and saw Lee Insoo walking into the classroom.

"Hey Seolji, what are you doing?" he greeted, tone half confused.

"Uhh.. It's kinda cold so I'm stretching here, facing the window, you see.." I awkwardly smiled.

"Sssure... Have fun," he said as he walked towards his locker.

I tried taking a nap but couldn't do it, as I was worried that someone else would take the pen. So all I did was lie my head on the table facing left, towards Seongwoo's seat.

Classes then began.

It was Mathematics, and our teacher had told us to solve some problems. Seongwoo was about to bother Sohee and ask for a pen when suddenly,

"Now whose pen is this? Lying on the ground looking lonely?" he said, bending down to retrieve the pen.

My head perked towards him in an instant.

"Hey, does anybody own this?" Seongwoo asked the class, looking around and lifting the pen above his head.

Of course not. Just. Use. It.

I didn't blink for any second as he waited for someone to respond.

"Seongwoo-yah!" I heard someone call.

"I think it's the one I lost last week," said Moonbok.

What?! No!

My brows were furrowed and my eyes were popping out as Seongwoo calmly said,

"Do you need it for now? Can I use it?"

"Sure, you can return it to me after class," Moonbok cheerfully smiled.

I whined in silence and buried my face under my palms seeing my scenario fail.

"Hey, you okay?" asked Insoo, poking my back.

"I'm.. okay."

At least I bought two pens yesterday.

The whole thing replayed on the next day. But this time, Jonghyun and Jaehwan were already on the class as I arrived. I had to drop the pen during the first lunch break, but I succeeded anyways. Up next is History by Mr. Cho, and I could already imagine him glaring at Seongwoo.

"Hey hey hey! Now whose pen is this today?" he asked the class before Mr. Cho entered the room.

The pen I dropped yesterday was a basic, plain black pen, something that everyone can own, or claim they own. But today's pen was quite unique, it was in clear dark blue with a light blue rubber wrapping the grip part. Still a discounted pen on a common bookstore, but I don't think I've ever saw anyone in the class using it before. I was going to use it for myself, but since Moonbok took my last pen, I just had to give this one away.