part three

I yawned and shoved a spoonful of rice into my mouth.

"You, why are you so sleepy in the morning? Did you not get enough sleep?" my mom asked me.

"Heol! Eonni! Your dark circles are no joke! At what time did you slept last night?" Minji, my sister, asked in a rather dramatic tone.

Probably five?

"I don't really know, at two maybe?" I tried answering with a full mouth.

"Were you doing an assignment?" asked my dad as he rose up from his seat and carried his dirty dishes towards the sink.

"It's probably a group assignment right? And your groupmates ditched their parts again like last time? Aigoo, you should learn from your experiences!" said my mom.

"It couldn't be a group assignment. Donghyun Oppa said he was with his friends last night," said my sister, calmly swiping her phone as she ate.

"That's why! Kim Donghyun is your groupmate isn't he?" my mom snapped.

"No he's not. Calm down okay, I'm perfectly fine.. Let's just eat," I looked down to my rice as I lied.

"Wait. Were you texting Donghyun? Last time didn't he just followed you back on instagram?" I furrowed my brows at Minji.

"When I told you he's going to be mine, I meant it," she stuck her tongue out at me.

"Ew! You're just in middle school!" I shivered in disgust hearing what she just said.

I glanced at the clock and saw that it was already seven in the morning.

"I better go now," I said, bringing my bowl and handing them to my dad who was washing the dishes, "thank you Dad."

"Sleep a little more would you? School starts at 8:30 and it's just three bus stops away!" replied mom.

"I can sleep at school, bye everyone!" I shouted while slipping on my sneakers and jogging out the gate.

"She's so weird," I could hear my sister say.

"She's your older sister!" my mom yelled at her.

I plugged in my earphones and walked to the bus stop near my house. By the time I arrived at school, it was only 7:22.

I was, again, the first one to come to class today. After putting my stuffs away, I positioned myself behind my desk. It was a slightly cold, early December morning. After zipping up my jacket, I folded my arms on the table and lied my head down, about to take a short nap.

As I was about to doze off to sleep, I heard the back door of the class sliding open. I was just going to ignore it, but then someone came in rushing and patted my shoulder.

"Seolji-yah! Baek Seolji!" I heard him say.

"Huh?" I looked up to see Kim Donghyun sitting on the chair in front of me.

"What about our paper? Do you need any help with it?" he asked, slightly panting as he just ran up the stairs.

I searched through my bag and took out the paper that he was talking about, placing it on my table.

"It's fine, it's already printed anyway.."

He swiftly snatched the paper and skimmed through it, "Woah!"

"This is amazing!" he said, flipping the pages.

I stole some glances on him before finally saying, "How's your practice?"

He placed our paper down and folded his hands together and said, "It's going perfect, thanks to you."

"At this rate I think I might be able to pass the audition. I'm really sorry, but thank you so much about the paper. And please please please don't tell anyone, my family can't know unless I pass," he pleaded with so much energy his body rocked back and forth.