part two

"I'm home.." I placed my shoes on the rack just next to the door.

"Hey sis!" answered my younger sister, leisurely eating ice cream while laying down on the couch, eyes fixated on the television.

"Seolji-yah, you've returned?" I heard my mom's voice and craned my neck to find her.

"Oh! Mom's home?" I asked her, who turned out to be in the kitchen.

"Yes, I'll just grab a few utensils then go back to the restaurant," she said, opening the kitchen drawers.

I took a brief look on the plastic bag I was carrying and quickly hid it behind my skirt, hoping she won't see it.

Gotta rush before she finds out.

"Okay then. I'll go clean myself and catch you there later, Mom," I said, hurriedly tiptoing to my room so that the plastic wouldn't make any sound.

"Sure Seol-- Wait!"

I stopped my steps and furrowed my brows.

"What's inside the plastic bag?" my mom asked.

"N-nothing.."

"It's more cat food isn't it? How many times do I have to tell you to stop buying that! You're wasting your money on those ungrateful stray cats and all they do is dump on my lawn!" my mom walked towards me, nagging.

"Well I can't just throw these away, I mean I've bought it.." I said in a small voice, looking on the floor.

"You say that every single time but you keep buying it anyway. Go get yourself some ice cream like your sister!"

"Arasseo! Are you not going back to the restaurant?"

I heard my mother sigh and mumble as she scurried to our restaurant's truck that was parked in front of the house.

"I'm leaving!" she shouted.

"Okay!"

I frowned and turned my head towards my sister.

"Why do you always buy ice cream only for yourself? Get your sister one too, would you?"

"Eonni, get it yourself with your money! Don't spend it on cats and blame me!" she answered.

I let out a short breath and marched towards my room.

After closing the door of my room, I sat on my bed and took out the things inside the plastic bag I was carrying.

A pack of cat food.

And a blue drinking bottle.

I stared at the bottle for some moments before throwing my back to the bed.

How am I supposed to give him this...

A few days ago.

"Eek! Why is the floor wet?!" Park Sohee exclaimed, abruptly stepping back after almost slipping.

"Yah, Seongwoo! Your water bottle is leaking!" said Mijoo, pointing on Seongwoo's bottle that was placed next to his table.

"Oh, really?" Seongwoo glanced at his bottle and picked it up, trying to find any crack.

"Ahh, now I see!" he said, finding a crack on the upper part of the bottle.

He drank the water until the bottle was half empty and placed it back on the floor.

"Problem solved," he said, before turning back towards Hwang Minhyun and continuing whatever their conversation was about.

All I did was stare at incident from far away before finally shrugging it off and going back to read my book.